Used 2-stroke engine and parts lot

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
i'm betting he wouldn't be happy. Many eBay sellers have large shipping prices instead of putting a minimum price on it. I'd say the whole lot could be shipped in a box for $75 or so. The other $200 adds to the $199 he wants so what he really wants is $400 for all of that.

You could sure try and bid on it, it would be cool to get all of that for $199 :)

BE-tech

Sep 14, 2011
Bozeman
i'm betting he wouldn't be happy. Many eBay sellers have large shipping prices instead of putting a minimum price on it. I'd say the whole lot could be shipped in a box for $75 or so. The other $200 adds to the $199 he wants so what he really wants is $400 for all of that.

You could sure try and bid on it, it would be cool to get all of that for $199 :)
I don't think it is possible to ship 375 pounds of stuff (that is including the weight of the pallet) for $75, especially motors that have been ran.

We will allow a bidder to pickup the items and wave the shipping cost.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'd be unhappy to pay for a wooden pallet when all of that could be boxed. Pallets are made for shipping cubes of stuff and like machinery parts. I used to work for a pallet manufacturing company. Even a light weight pallet can go 50 or more pounds. A hardwood pallet 80-100 depending on size.

It is interesting the shipping price dropped $30 though. I hope the guy that lives close can get these. Might be ablle to mix and match quite a few motors out of all of that.

1 question to dmb, why would you have to pay haz-mat? I shipped a used motor to Portugal. Declared it as such and shipped via US Postal Service with no trouble or any mention of paying a haz-mat fee.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
dave just to be a picky-ass these motors have oil and greese [un1993] and carbs with gas fumes [un1203] both class3 i really don't think you could get away with it. some one would have to sign the correct doc's. and then the D.O.T. trying to screw you for 1 mistake [like a capital letter] and those fine's start at $5,000+ sorry i dont think everything i said is correct. but i gave up my haz-mat licence years ago when it changed from a safety issue to a money issue for their pocket's [govt] oh and when they pull you over [placards] it's a least 3 hrs and ive seen everything pass only to get a ticket for the placard being turned a little B.S. they just kept you on the side of the highway 2CHP's for 3 hrs they gotta get you for something. i see motors/farm eq/ machinery ect ship overseas every day they have to be haz-mat free or declared and dont get me going on the coastguard. like i said being picky-ass. put that stuff on a owner operators flatbed is one thing and a ltl common carrier is a whole different bird. now quit screwing around and post some pic's of your morini build before bronco[football] start's dennis[U.S.C.]

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
heheh :)

I'm ordering the last pieces I need for the build. I'm going to have to modify the air fliter I just got. It's simply too long and moves the motor too far forward. I don't have the $60 for a flatter K&N filter that would fit so I have to go that route. I'll also be going to Cycle Salvage to get a old school chopper King/Queen seat I spotted there a while back. It will need reupolstered, I'm thinking of leather I used to wear back in my Heavy Metal music playing days :) If not that I have a side of pig skin leather like from a football. It's all darkened from my sitting on it for the last 6 years because I have it on the seat I use at my computer. I like working with leather so one way or the other the bike is getting a leather seat :D While I'm at Cycle Salvage I'll be looking for two gas caps to fit the Paughco Porkster tank, 1 vented and another vented or not. A trip to Andy's Supply for brass fittings and I'll have all the parts....maybe ;)

Go Broncos!!.flg.

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
dave....are you still working on that bike you showed me? is that what the morini is going on? that engine you showed me..was that a morini?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Yes to all. The Morini is a S5 E from around 1990 or so. It's a lower HP motor I got off eBay for $285 and $ 35 for the pipe. It's just been taking me a while to gather parts and fix a few tools I need to build it with, mainly my bandsaw. Got just a few thing left to get then I can start on it. Got some ideas I got from here I'm including, like the handlebar setup. It'll be cool :)

Sorry for the semi-hijack, I'll be posting in my own thread starting here soon.

Last edited:

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
when i saw the motor i thought you were crazy...that was before i knew what a morini was....is it air cooled?...maybe i should pm you....or maybe just get back on subject lol. it does look like a good deal to me....if i had the cash i totally would do it....even with the shipping....500 total thats like half a morini!! hahaha but the thing that bugs me is its JUST the motors...no throttle...nosprockets...no chain??? exhaust???? i wonder what happened to the rest of the parts...

Last edited: