The best double leg kickstand? We think so...

GoldenMotor.com

Do you agree? Best Kickstand For Motorized Bikes?

• Yes! When in doubt, make it stout!

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No, I like my kickstands to break.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

crowcycle

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego, CA
We're not really in the business of electric bikes or motorized bikes, but we did have a need for a really stout, adjustable double leg kickstand for our beach cruisers. I know electric bikes and motorized bikes don't do so well with a standard single leg kickstand. So if you're looking for a great kickstand, read on.

I personally vouch for the strength of these kickstands... I sit on my bike with the kickstand down, and they don't break. They'll pretty much support whatever load you want to put on your bike.

Kickstands

Cheers,

Darby Crow
Home Page

Attachments

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
That looks pretty good but I can't mount it in that location. It has to be in the front on my Dyno Roadster. But I agree that the typical kick stand doesn't work. The double leg type offered by others are junk.

Terry

EDIT: I see you show one on the front end. Very good!

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I can vouch for these. I have 3 motorbikes and all of them have the crowcycle double stand. They don't break and the bikes don't fall over.

Good stuff.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've had a couple of stands which look like that with the double spring which I bought from a different vendor here on the forum for more money. The trouble I had with them was that the lower adjustable threaded portions were hollow and in a nearly extended application one bent and another broke. I had to replace them with solid bolts. These may be different and not have the hollow threaded legs. Even so, they are a better bet than other double center stands I've used, especially nice since they adjust.
SB

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
Crazy coincidence. I literally just ordered a double center kickstand from Piratecycles a week ago. Paid $35 shipped to Cali. Haven't installed it yet, but it is a SOLID kickstand.

Good luck guys - wish I saw this earlier...

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I bought this stand for my latest build and I gotta say it blows away my M-wave double kickstand. Between its adjustability and strength it is the best I've seen. I just ordered a second one to replace the M-wave that I am unhappy with. Thanks Crowcycle.

crowcycle

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego, CA
Aleman, great shot of your motorized bike, looks pretty cool. The only thing missing on there is a nice, classic looking Gyes leather saddle, which we also sell :)

Seriously, thanks to everyone for the positive comments about our kickstand. I know the people on this forum know a ton about motorized bikes and such, but if anyone has any questions about or problems with the kickstand please feel free to send me a message.

Cheers,

Crow Cycle Co.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I bought your bike stand. My computer felt uncomfortable with your site, so I bought it on ebay.

Update: The kickstand arrived today, surprisingly quick. It went on easily. I adjusted it so that the bike is 1" off the ground, then lock-tited all the bolts.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
So far this is the best double leg that I have encountered bar none.........

It's the only stand that will securely hold the tandem upright and it weighs over 100lbs. with a large 4-stoke engine It's an all steel construction and non-adjustable. I have seen them on Craig's list for under $15 and they are made in China (like everything else).

Unfortunately I don't know who manufactures them......I obtained this one from MotorbikeMike and still owe him for it. It is the sturdiest kick-stand I have ever seen and highly recommend for any motorized bike.

dnut

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I went thought two like that for the sportsman and they were too short. I was even told one was the "long leg fork" and the same thing happened, too short. I got it to work but I had to tweak it and it still leaned to one side because of it being too short. I have used the Crow Cycle Co before for seats and they were great! I had to do a exchange once and it was as smooth as could be. Great prices and great service.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
@Scotto
Those things look beefy! The only place I've seen them online is boygofast on ebay. I might try them on my next build. Nice tandem by the way. My wife wants me to build a motorized tandem for the two of us. We have three non-motorized tandems to chose from.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
@Scotto
Those things look beefy! The only place I've seen them online is boygofast on ebay. I might try them on my next build. Nice tandem by the way. My wife wants me to build a motorized tandem for the two of us. We have three non-motorized tandems to chose from.
Yeah it's thick stamped steel with solid welds, a huge pivot bolt and HD spring. Build one of those 3 tandems and post the build.......so much fun to ride!

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
hi guys, about centre stands, i have bought two from the halfords cycle dealer in the uk, first one legs snaped off, had it replaced, second one also broke, alloy poor welding. Now just bought an adjustable one off e bay, fantastic, it has notches in the legs, and a push button spring clip to alter the height, with inch markings ect on the legs, easy to set where you want, it clears the rear wheel on the lowest setting, and a huge range upwards if you want more, it rides on and off it so easy it is, as easy as using a side stand, neat not over wide, can use even with the stand still attached does not get in the way, has great feet on it also, very neat and compact. got it off e bay guy called laxzo ie adjustable centre prop stand, have a look at the pictures, could not design a better one, Now to see how long it lasts. will give you his e mail if you want, but free postage in the uk. bye

crowcycle

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hi Mirage, that is excellent that you have found those kickstands. We sell those in our store as well, but we don't recommend those for electric or motorized bikes because with alot of use the extra weight of the motor (or batteries and electric motor) causes the ratchet mechanism to wear out (the plastic foot part holds the ratchet pawl) and renders the height setting worthless. We have had several returned to us because of this particular failure. Hopefully you don't see that sort of failure, but I thought I would add that comment for others to consider.

Cheers,

Darby Crow
Crow Cycle Co.