how to attach an exhaust to the engine?

GoldenMotor.com

ueyteuor

May 28, 2010
California
i've been busy with my 9.4 morini bike lately... and i've come to the part where i install the exhaust to the engine...

i've been thinking of using a rubber coupler with a 1.5" id, but i am not sure if a rubber coupler will be heat resistant enough or not...

would this be an okay idea? how do y'all install exhaust to these engines?

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
I still have few flanges left, I can sell you one for $15 shipped. The flange slips over the exhuast port, it seals with two O-rings that seal in the groove on the OD of the exhaust port.

My flanges are an exact fit to the S6S 9.4hp Morini and are fabricated with thick .095 wall. You weld your pipe to the end of my flange and you're good to go. The pipe is then held to the cylinder with an exhaust spring.

Rich

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Any specific spring? Also can I just get some O-rings from Harbor Freight to use on the exhaust?

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
My morini came with two o-rings and a spring. I'm guessing the o-ring's are probably 1.5", but I might have a spare that I can measure if one of the other guys don't chime in first with correct dimensions. The spring depends on the pipe used and where the little eyelet is welded on. I did not use my stock spring, I purchased a different length on e-bay.

Rich

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
I don't think I have any flanges, but I might be able to make a few in the next week or so. Since the motor supply dried up, nobody asks anymore.