King's Sales and Service

GoldenMotor.com

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
How has their service been for you?

I ordered a sprocket about a month ago for new wheels I am building for one of my bikes. I want to switch them out to use a drive gear mounted to the disk brake holes so I ordered new rims and other parts. I've not yet seen the sprocket however.

The new wheels are all ready and it looks like I will also need the sprocket adapter so I've tried a couple times to get a hold of King's asking if they've shipped my order yet, hoping they have NOT so I can have them modify the sprocket to work with the disk brake adapter AND add an adapter to the order but I've received no reply from them so I am growing a little concerned.

Anyone have any problems contacting them?

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
I tried calling him a few times
left a voicemail once

and they never picked up the phone or returned my call.

then I emailed him and it took him 5 whole days to return am email.

and I was fortunately only inquiring about a product and never made a purchase.

I figured he didnt seem to interested in having me as a customer so therefore I never bought from him.

And after just reading your experience I am glad I never did.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
You should have received a tracking number and you should have already received the part,unless it was out of stock.
Nope, never got a tracking number nor the part though I do show the charge for it. I ordered a black anodized 44 tooth sprocket.

I also sent two messages asking if it had been done hoping they could machine it for the disk brake adapter, which I have yet to order.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Sadly I've still not heard anything from Andy at King's Sales and Service. I suspect this vendor is either defunct or woefully incompetent at e-mail communication. I've entered into a dispute through Paypal to get my money back.

Unfortunately I've converted the motorbike in question to disk brake hubs specifically for these sprockets and adapters and will not be seeing that money back. Does anyone know of any other vendors that make sprockets and/or adapters for disk brake hubs?

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I bought the disc adapter and sprocket from him. I wasn't able to contact him but placed the order via paypal and I received the parts in less than a week. By the way the adapter and two sprockets were amazing.

I had a question about something and couldn't get through to him and then I noticed he listed his cell phone number on one of the web sites. He has two, a myspace and a regular website. I don't remember which one but if you search those two sites you will find it. He answered that phone 2 out of 3 times. In our second conversation we talked for almost an hour.

One work of caution. Although the parts were really nice I had a problem. My chain line was off. I even ordered the adapter with 1/4" offset. The reason for this is when I mounted the adapter to the hub the bolt heads hit the spokes. I solved this by modifying the sprocket and used different hardware. Every bike is different so you might not have this problem. If you are interested in more details of this let me know. Good luck!

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Jarad, thanks, I gave Firebelly a look and it appears they sell what I will need.

Tadd, this order has been outstanding for more than a month or two. I can't really fathom why there's been no attempt to contact me or respond to my previous attempts at contact in all that time. Currently the dispute is open at Paypal and he's free to respond to it, though I suspect I will have to escalate it shortly to get the money back.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
It is childish and totally disrespectful to Andy's business to insinuate that you feel as though you will not be given a refund. For all you know he has been working hard in the shop to fill your order...your actions are classic, me...me...instant gratification syndrome.

All of us who make custom parts work hard...we are not Walmart!!!

Jim

Last edited:

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
It is childish and totally disrepectful to Andy's business to insinuate that you feel as though you will not be given a refund. For all you know he has been working hard in the shop to fill your order...your actions are classic, me...me...instant gratification syndrome.

All of us who make custom parts work hard...we are not Walmart!!!

Jim
Well I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I hardly think waiting almost two months is "instant gratification." As I originally mentioned I contacted him regarding ADDITIONAL business (I wanted a sprocket adapter and the sprocket originally ordered modified accordingly)...twice. With no response. Each time I waited weeks for a response and now I'm finally deciding to go for the refund.

I fully respect those who make the custom parts used on our little motorbikes, and anything for that matter, and the time it takes to machine them. I expected to wait on the original order, though I feel a couple months is a little excessive without any contact. Especially considering the nature of my inquiries.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I totally understand...I am guilty of WAY late deliveries myself.

Andy is not a rip-off...you'll get you're refund.

A little patience, waiting for a refund, or parts, is better than publicly bashing one of the few who would lay out cash and time to make MB parts. Agreed?

Jim

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
From what I have seen, there are a couple of people that will NOT get my business. As much as I admire the workmanship and quality the lack of simple respect for other peoples money and time, shown through a total lack of communication with a paid customer, I cannot and will not give them any of my money. I work too hard for it and there simply is not enough of it for me to go through the headache of dealing with some people.

That said, I mean no disrespect towards anyone. I am simply giving my view on this issue.

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Waiting 1-2 months for an awesome custom part is just fine if there is a little communication along the way.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

The wait isnt the biggest deal its the not having a clue when the product will arrive so that one could plan accordingly

I feel that a paying customer deserves an accurate ETA within a weekish.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I got a 39 tooth disc mount sprocket I got from Kings about a year ago brand new never mounted. If your bike is done and you just need the sprocket Ill let you have it just pay the shipping. This weather is just too nice not to ride waiting on 1 part. Oh by the way Id be pissed too!!! again a little communication goes a long way. I was on the fence about his tophat or a shift kit..with this post and some improvements coming on the sbp kit, My mind is made up. Again if you want the sprocket its yours just PM me.
Cheers
Chainmaker

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Chainmaker, what do you mean improvements are coming on the sbp shift kit? I noticed all of their 2 stroke kits are out of stock which leads me to believe like you said they are getting something new to replace it.