Different Pistons

GoldenMotor.com

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Yeah, same thing. I wish they'd just call these engines The #1, The #4, etc. As far as I know; there are only two 66cc piston types: A (95%) & B (5%), but no one advertise them as such.
wouldnt that be awesome! lol. i was almost tempted to just added a thicker gasket so technically speaking i would have a high compression piston. but im gonna order a puch head off treatland sometime soon anyway and those heads give you so much compression you cant even start the bike unless you use 2 gaskets, so i've heard

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yah, it's happened many times to me...
the wrong part is always cheaper!

I dunno what the actual difference is, but you could increase the cylinder base gasket???

good luck
rc

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Ok a i am going to add my two cents.
(Im a little......, so moving on)
What i have noticed is that there are many makes of these egines. Many of which look similar and use like parts.
There is not enough, or endless searching the for the information needed to solve any problem.
Basically i have come up with the fundamental differences between engines is that piston arm length, position of wristpin on piston, and jugs is the major difference in these egines. Different combinations can work but not as well as the intended version made for that particular "engine".
So please take a moment and size things up, you'll find that it may look alike but just won't work.
In any case buying all those parts will make you understand what's going on with these engines and make a better mechanic and problem solver out of you.

Love, peace, and there's a stain on your pants, grease.
Out

Glenlivinit

Mar 19, 2014
Murrieta Ca.
How many different pistons are there for 66/80cc sky hawk engines? I purchaced a cylinder & piston when I put it on my motor the piston hits the head, I see that the connecting rod hole is further down tward the botom of the piston then the one that came originally, causing the piston to travel further up hitting the head. I would like to find the seller that has the correct piston for my engine.:-||
Same problem here, there are 2 major differences, one that is most common measures 5 mm from piston skirt to wrist pin.
The one that you need measures 7 mm Bike Berry piston #5 is were I got mine
Good luck!brnot

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Unfortunately so many who sell these engines and parts seem to either know very little about them, or just don't give a s**t if you get the right part or not. At least there is only 2 types of pistons, I've encounted at least 6 different barrels.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
MotorBicycleRacing has the parts you need. Fred at CR machine or That's Dax should also be able to get you the correct piston.

Jacree

Apr 22, 2019
Florida
I have an old 66cc engine and it has a ZAE 80 connecting rod and the piston is 1 1/6 from the bottom of the piston to the top of the wrist pin really still not sure which engine it is tho, long as you make sure you put all your specs in you should get the right parts