puch 0cc hi hi .... o ring instead of head gasket !!!

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
here is a head i found and i am wondering if it would work with my motor i have grubee gt5.

its a puch 70 cc 45mm bore hi hi head but it has an o ring built into it so you dont need to run a head gasket ! awsome no more head gasket !!! would the piston hit the dome with out the space of the gasket and if it did i could just add 1 or 2 base gaskets to the bottom of the cylender and it should set the piston down enough to clear right ? along with helping timing too i would imagine.

so would this work ? this head no gasket ... check clearance add base gasket if needed ...

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
don't know, but 66cc hts are 47mm bore so studs spacing may be a problem
they are the same as the regular puch 70cc hi hi 6mm need to be drilled out to 8 mm its the same head only with an o ring

yeh man i know but what i want to know is ... wel is that o ring an advantage or what i mean i would love to never have to use a head gasket. and also with only an o ring would compression be to high or does it space the head the same distance as a single gasket would ?

if the o ring spaces the head the same or less than a single grubee head gasket and the piston does not hit i am buying this head ... anyone use a head with an o ring insted of a gasket if u do tell me about the advatages and dissadvantages plz

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
will the piston hit the dome with only an o ring ? or would i still need a gasket ? the point of the o ring is to not have to use a gasket . i would love this head if it would work out for my gt5 and not have to use a gasket.

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
nope im not running a head gasket that takes .023 off the list and i still want at least .030 thou shaved off the deck for it to be where i want it. youll be fine but keep in mind your going to use a cylinder with the combustion chamber designed around a 45mm piston ours is 47mm but iv heard of people running those.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I think that Mapbike is running one of those......might get some specifics from him.

Good luck!