Z2 Stretch Tank Frame 125cc Full Auto Dream Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Hey all. This is my 3rd build. Gonna try to do it right. So I pieced a bike together part by part online (my girlfriend thinks we are being overrun by cardboard) I will try to post everything I can but I am sure I will miss something.

FOUNDATION:
Z2 Stretch Tank Frame (has a faux tank that I intend to seal and make the functioning fuel source.
125cc Full Auto 4-stroke motor from PCC Motor. Electric start full auto gearbox to a jack shaft
Front and rear disc brake on 6 spoke alloy wheels
Micargi triple tree

I decided I'd start by tackling the motor mounting situation. I kept some aluminum scraps I knew a project would crave later and ,eureka, today was that day.. I drilled 7/8 holes to later be the clamps to secure to the frame. Then with a sharpie, some cardboard, lots of cutting and grinding and a 12 pack to get the imagination stimulated it started to take shape. For others it's necessary to use the top mounts as I did. There is 4 threaded holes on the bottom of the motor that a skid plate was mounted to. If you try to use this as a motor mount it will Crack the case.

I have half of the mount done in the pics. It's a crude first rendition. I will clean it up later. It's all bolted together and hand tooled. Fasteners are size matched to the hole and driven into the hole to prevent wear from the motor vibration. The next mount will incorporate the seat post and bottom. I like the big beefy aluminum monstrosity it has become.
The space inside the mount will be filled with all the wiring.

I am still making it up as I go. I will update my progress at the end of today

Attachments

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Finished up the motor mounts today. Might use a urathane support on the bottom side to try to dampen vibration. It's all aluminum alloy. Took it off the stand today to see it on the ground. I drilled the hole in my tank today 1-1/4 inch bung going to be installed with billed cap (to stay with the theme). Inside the tank was as I expected. A small hole to the bottom (easily plugable) so the faux tank will be a functional tank usflgdance1

Attachments

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Thanks for the kind words. Red black and brushed aluminum is going to be the color scheme. Just set up the handlebars.

Handlebars: Builtwell is the brand. Got me on ebay. Build quality is top notch. Billet grips and aluminum twist throttle/light/kill switch.

Stem: CNC Scooby-Doo "mystery machine" I saw it and couldn't resist

Attachments

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
this build is filthy-good. my pants got tight when I layed eyes on that stem.
please tell me you are going to paint those wheels though. (can't say why, but writing/logos on the wheels bugs me, but to each their own)

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
I am still not for sure about paint. It will all need paint after welding jack shaft and tank.i will drink on it this weekend ad figure it out. Blue? Red? Paint to match the ///M? Oh the possibilities

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Chinese parts are supposed to be installed while upside down to match china's relation to us ;-)

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
OK the weekend hath finally cometh. Time to get this jack shaft done. I want a no-headache jack shaft that I do right once, grease it now and then, and forget about it. I ordered a jack shaft kit from a guy at the counter that assured me it was heavy duty sight unseen. 3 days later open it up today and it's not up to par. The bearings would be a constant issue so I will find new bearings. :-||

Attachments

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Lucky for me there is a bearing shop just up the road (place looks like a time capsule from the 60's) I got a couple bearings that are overkill but they will be easy to mount keep fab work to a minimum, and they are greasable I'm gonna weld up some 3/16 steel and bolt these puppies up!

Attachments

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
SUPER beefy jack shaft bearing set up done today. Will look good when sanded/ painted. I used a 3/4 shaft mounted to two universal greasable bearings that are probably generally used in agricultural equipment. I bolted the bearings to two welded in 3/16 plates (strong mount and frame suppport) Spins freely and lines up with motor and wheel nicely. dance tomorrow I will weld up and seal the tank bungs. There is light at the end of this tunnel!

Attachments

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Sorry for the delay. I had a bunch of parts come in for my other projects so I've been a little distracted. I plan to finish the bike this weekend!

Attachments

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Sorry for the delay. I had a bunch of parts come in for my other projects so I've been a little distracted. I plan to finish the bike this weekend!

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Now that all the fab work is done I had to repaint. I decided to go blue white and gold with black pin striping. The wheels will be gold with whitewalls. All that's left is assembly. It's been a long road but the end is near!

Attachments

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
I sealed the tank using the kbs 3 step motorcycle gas tank sealer kit. Works great. Tank is water tight

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
Final assemble underway. It's a huge bike. Over 7 feet end to end. Fits me perfectly at 6'2''
Should be riding by the weekend. FINALLY!
.shft.xct2

Attachments