Fuel valves

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
two types of fuel valves.
this one looks like a motorcycles I broke one just like this one.pulling off the fuel line threads stayed in the tank layed bike on its side to stop fuel from going all over and then took off tank used easy out to get out the threaded part. The one in question was on a Dax kit My fault for being rough on it.

I thought this valve was a cheezy one but so far they work great.

You did put the little red gasket on didn't you or at least use a thread sealant?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
i had mine like the top one break also. you think the brass one is a lot better?
I was under the impression the brass ones where the chicken shirt ones. so I guess yes the brass has held up better for me. I've been just as ugly with the brass valves.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im very careful with mine but I can see it snapping off. Maybe next time it is empty I'll change it for a household spicket. lol

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
What size are them there threads?

That top valve is called "High quality motorcycle fuel petcock VS. (the lower) small pin lever petcock w/no guide" by the joker that sold me the kit...................hmmm.....

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
1/8" npt threads I went out and checked my metric set and my metric pipe tap says 1/8-27 on it so its not an 1/8" npt like I have at the start.

Last edited: