Clutch Cable Issues

GoldenMotor.com

Codiferous

Aug 31, 2012
Miami, FL
Welp, it seems like my clutch cable is frozen. I don't know the cause.

I have ordered a replacement clutch cable, but I have no idea where to start to replace it. I've tried searching the forums, but there aren't any clear instructions on how to go about doing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bronze

Aug 12, 2012
New Brunswick
Not sure what you mean frozen. My cable started slipping off, I put some loctite on the brass screw thing, and it hasnt moved ever again.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welp, it seems like my clutch cable is frozen. I don't know the cause.

I have ordered a replacement clutch cable, but I have no idea where to start to replace it. I've tried searching the forums, but there aren't any clear instructions on how to go about doing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I will tell you that you could have used a regular brake cable (bicycle) to replace the current cable instead of a "clutch cable".

Now to the "frozen" and "replacing it" parts.

Frozen? Are you sure it's the cable?

To replace it, just remove the ferrule (brass thing at the engine end) and then remove it from the lever by turning it 90 degrees and pulling it out of the holder- very simple.

Codiferous

Aug 31, 2012
Miami, FL
Well all I had to do was replace the clutch cable, and now its pretty smooth. Now I just need to give it a tune up as it's running sluggish (But I suppose that's for another time and place)

Thanks guys!