Excelsior-Henderson Board Track Replica

GoldenMotor.com

J Docherty

Jun 14, 2010
Los Angeles
Spotted on Craigslist. See below

Excelsior-Henderson Board Track Replica. Brand new, with less than 5 miles on it. This bike will get you noticed! 2 Stroke. Performance exhaust. Built up from a modified Worksman frame. Boardtrack racer style bars. Custom tank. If you're looking for a motorized bicycle, that cruises 25-30mph and is tons of fun around town and sure to get thumbs up from everyone you pass, this is it! No license or helmet needed.

Board Track Replica - Motorized Bicycle

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that is a cool bike.

i really hate it though when people from california post ads for these and they always say "no license or helmet needed..."

i don't think telling the judge that "... but some guy on craigslist said it was ok..." would hold up.

i think if anyone's selling something, if they don't know the law, they shouldn't say anything at all. otherwise, be responsible about it, look it up, and inform the buyer.

but, like i said, it's a nice lookin' bike.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Scammer, very possible!!!!

He say's he's in Ventura, CA ?

Thats funny cause this tribute Vintage Style Bicycle Board Track Racer in the photo was built by none other than Rick Gilmore aka forum member: Cinelliphyle and this photo was taken by Rick or his friend George!!!!

This guy did a copy and paste of Ricks, Excelsior-Henderson Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Industrial News Boy Cruiser Tribute Bicycle Board track racer.

Before you by this contact Rick Gilmore and get the facts on this build!

The Original Artist who first designed the Period Correct Worksman Tribute Board Track Racer's is Rick Gilmore, he is also a forum member here his screen name is cinelliphyle!

You can reach him at his website at VROOMART.COM or Private Message him here thru the forum.

His phone is Rick...
253=826-0252
[email protected]

Peace Crazy Horse.

Ricks, Two versions of the Worksman Excelsior-Henderson Tribute Bicycle Board Track Racer's:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I thought so! I took one look at the Craigslist photo and thought, "Hey! I've seen that exact photo before on the Motorbicycling forum! What the...?" If it were me answering the ad, I would flat-out ask the person's name, and if they could send other pictures/views of this bike. Things like this make a paraoid guy like me want to start making tin-foil hats.

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Spotted on Craigslist. See below

Excelsior-Henderson Board Track Replica. Brand new, with less than 5 miles on it. This bike will get you noticed! 2 Stroke. Performance exhaust. Built up from a modified Worksman frame. Boardtrack racer style bars. Custom tank. If you're looking for a motorized bicycle, that cruises 25-30mph and is tons of fun around town and sure to get thumbs up from everyone you pass, this is it! No license or helmet needed.

Board Track Replica - Motorized Bicycle
Price seems way too good to be true. 5 miles on a 1900.00 or so bike (I think this is what they are sold for) bike does not equate to 1300 bucks. I would fear a scam on this one. I am right now going through purgatory trying to sell something to a guy that just got ripped for 1100.00 by a Nigerian who advertised a gun on gunbroker with a buy it now price (the gun should have been about 1800 bucks) that was just about the same discount as this one. The Nigerian used a female out of south dakota to send him the money as soon as she got it and she claims she thought it was a charity deal. The Feds would not prosecute. The scammer used purloined pics. Now the guy I'm dealing with is so gun shy in terms of buying I am having to jump through all kinds of hoops. We may be entering a new era of scamming. Me, I would be jumping on this one to buy it otherwise as I am thinking about buying an Indian bicycle only from Gilmore for 1200 bucks.