Mendicino National Forest Trail Riding

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
So a long time passed since I had this newer used Briggs 3.5 hp engine off an edger I bought to replace the worn engine on my bike.

Got it figured out and is on the newest of my threads.

Way better power and 13:1 ratio instead of 20:1 is not an issue at all. So much more power. I don't attribute it to the additional 1/2 hp larger Briggs engine, but the other was worn and may also have other issues of a design for easy starting that I will investigate when I see the intake cam when I open the older engine to see what is worn.

I have ordered some foot pegs that are more gripping type from used motorcycles and will adapt it to replace the pegs I have now.

Funny I was going to try and use pedals I have that have metal grips and some how attach them to the folding pegs that are on there now with a plastic cover. The stuff is slippery after I go through mud and water. I was going to put like skate board traction tape on the plastic and still can do that, but real foot pegs from used motorcycle parts should be very strong.

My bike without the pedals and pedal crank is legal with OHV registration for trails only where allowed in park lands.

If I had tried to put the pedals onto the folding foot pegs for better grip, but the pedals do noting to propel my bike, and if I were to use it on the road and I said see I have pedals and were stopped, would it fly? I suspect the pedals have to move and be attached to propel the bike when motor is off and anyway they deemed my registration as it is now as a motorcycle.

Pic: Elk on the way to park, but this is not Mendocino National Forest, just OHV State Recreation Area and no tree cover. Much nicer in the forest, that will be another time.

Pic: Pedal sized up with boot.

Attachments