New diamond frame bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
Most of the new bicycles that people show off here have these bending and curvy tubes like this:

Where can I find the diamond frame bicycles for sale? If I want a bicycle frame that looks like this:

Are these diamond frames even mass produced anymore? I'm asking because most diamond frames I come across are older, however I like how they look and they fit the chinese engines well.

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
That is a picture of a Specialized Hard rock Mountain Bike. My main MB is a hard rock,

I had bought it new in 1987 and mounted a motor on it two years ago. I bought it as a bike because it was built very well. It has stood up to the much abuse I have given it over the years. Specialized is still around making mountain bikes

Specialized Bicycle Components

but like the others have said any mountain bike type frame will work just fine, if the shape is what your looking for.

good luck

TRAX

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
That Hardrock in my last post is actually mine; I got it free from my aunt. It was a great gift because the Chinese engine fits perfectly into the frame. I'm just concerned about the future of these kits because all the new bikes being sold in stores have rediculously thick tubes or these (in my opinion) ugly stretched frames.

If one wants a simple skinny-tubed diamond frame, one must look for older bikes.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
There are plenty on craigslist and at yard sales.
Aren't gas motor bikes illegal in NY?
Yes. The insurance lobbies can't have cheap, affordable transportation available to the masses. That's the problem with New York; unless you spend all your money on government taxes, fees, or insurance, you are probably doing something "unlawful".

Ironically, the DMV website tells us to "share the road".

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Diamond frames seem hard to come by nowadays, but try out these links:

Slot Dropout Inbred | On-One

Frames & Forks :: Frames - XC Hardtail :: Triton Cycles

These frames are still being produced by very few manufacturers. Most frames are aluminum nowadays that tend to crack when exposed to excessive vibrations.

It might be a little pricey, but it's good quality steel frames - very ideal to be motorized.

Go for 20 in. size for easy fitting the engine.

turbo/chaos

Jul 22, 2008
college station tx
www.myspace.com
the cheapist diamond frame that is built that is mass produced is a bike from target called the magna glacer point comes in red frame good brakes crap also tires crap shifters old school style rims alloy
cost is 70 bucks tax and all where i am at