trouble getting started

GoldenMotor.com

mittz

Jul 13, 2011
australia
hey,
just got a secont hand bike off a mate with a 2 stroke motor kit on it. it hasnt been started for ages... so i mixed up some fule 30:1 put it in and tryed to get it going... rolling down a decent hill, drop the clutch and hold it wide open, it would start but only just run with it wide open...

so i had a look on here and im not sure what motor it is but its got the carb with the idle adjustment screw and the little primer button thing on the side... anyways i set the idle screw 3 and a half turns out, main jet with the clit second notch from the top and tryed starting it! no good. took the spark plug out and ran it down the hill to try clear any **** out... put it back in and tryed starting it again! this time got half way down the hill and the wheel locked up! took the spark plug out expecting it to be full of fuel or something :/ there was some residual smoke and thats about it... it still turns over but seems alot tighter then befor and i cant get it to turn over down the hill any more!

any ideas where ive gone wrong???
cheers, Andrew