uh oh

GoldenMotor.com

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
I drive a 66cc from speeddemon and I take it back and forth to work 8 miles or so each way. Anyways I got to work and was fine. Went out and got some food came back parked it, went back to work.... When went to go home I stated it up and within a second I heard a tingly sound like metal jumping inside my engine, not loud but more like a ball bearing bouncing inside a metal box. It wouldn't start again after thus. I took off my spark boot and removed the plug. There was metal shards wedged in where the gap was on my plug. The bike kit is brand new how could a ring break so easily? I done bad and drove it home with no problems after I removed the shard. I know I might have caused major damage but I had to get somewhere and havnt driven it since then. So do I have to open the crank or can I usea magnet?

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Most of the metal in your motor will be alloy and a magnet will be of no help.
These motors need to be taken apart and assembled properly at some stage, better before you run them, but I think your motors time has come.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Maybe you will be lucky, that could be debris left in the engine at the factory. That's why we that have built a few of these recommend disassembling or at least removing the cylinder and washing out the crankcase with fuel mix before its ever run. I haven't found much but have found casting slag in the ports that could break off and do damage. I clean up the ports before I ever run the engine.

Last edited:

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
So it wasn't the rings. Rings are completely intact I couldn't find any metal and no Score marks to the cylynder. What could it have been

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
I've got it to a T now. Turns out that the cap for the cylynder where the spark plug goes was the problem. The threads on the input screw near the tip had broken off and caused it to jam in my plug. Twice...