bunch of questions on Electra build...

GoldenMotor.com

rangefinder

Oct 18, 2012
Des Plaines, IL
New to the motorized bicycle hobby. Motorizing an Electra Coaster 1 (Aluminum). Any tips are appreciated. Changed the handlebar to the Surly's Open Bar and Primo's Meat Grinder pedals. Installed fenders, and taken note to mount solidly.

Just saw a 4-Stroke on the Forum with a Poo Poo pipe exhaust. Can you use any 2-Stroke exhaust pipe? Any recommended pipes to consider? The goal is to make the bike quiet. This will be my commuter, and want to be able to hear traffic around me.

I have also seen that on some builds, the removal of the catalytic converter. Will this increase the low end power? Or is that frowned upon, and I should just leave it alone?

I also have a question on the gearing. I read the EZM kit needs to have 56 tooth minimum, is there a minimum tooth for the standard T-Belt drive? I know about the Tiny Tach, but still need to know the maximum RPM's.

UGH...! two more questions, EZM kit, Double Roller Chain, or T-Belt??? How did you decide on your kit???

I have spent a lot of time lurking on the Forum, but have not found specific answers I am looking for. I welcome all your suggestions and tips!

Lee
.xx.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I chose my engine by looking at all the links on this website. I looked at all the available kits and ended up going with gasbikes.com 's kit. I chose them cause their kit had an "upgraded carb and muffler" my engine is supposed to be here by tomorrow so if you check the engine thread(It's on this forum) I'll be posting pictures of exactly what came in the mail.