All things mtb

GoldenMotor.com

Ranger

Aug 7, 2008
I hope that my engine doesnt shake apart. I built a nice strudy mounting bracket that is a 1 peice that attaches to the 4 bolt holes. I'm going to make the shaft longer then weld a bolt on the end so I can put a pipe nipple on there.

I will see if I can get some picture and put it on my post today or tomorrow.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Sounds like you have a good plan. I would worry a little about welding onto the drive shaft but otherwise it sounds good.

Instead of that I would drill a hole in the center of the pipe cap and then weld a nut on the outside of it. Screw the end cap onto the drive shaft then screw the pipe nipple into the end cap. I have that arrangement on the chainsaw bike and it doesn't have any vibration so far.

The hole in the end cap is to give the driveshaft somewhere to go when you tighten the welded on nut down. The nut has to be dead center of the end cap but that shouldn't be very hard to do.

Ranger

Aug 7, 2008
E-bay has the motors cheap. Most of them are fairly new and in good condition.

Or go to a friends house that has some old ones, that what I did ;)

Ranger

Aug 7, 2008
I dont know how to fix that, maybe keeping it below "operating temp" with water cooling.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
No it doesn't matter what the choke and such is on. It reacts the same way no matter what. I have yet to completely tear it down but I am pretty sure the piston ring is warped and that would explain why it loses pressure when everyting warms up.

Ranger

Aug 7, 2008
He has a LOSS OF COMPRESSION. I dont think that any outside factor would cause this, it had to happen inside the engine somehow.