D'oh!

GoldenMotor.com

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Sorry it took so long to get back to this.

Yes the hole is in the side. Its where the SBP front mounts machine screw was rubbing the frame. I needed to check it for tightness fairly frequently. Then I neglected to and the SBP motor mount broke and took out a piece of the frame. Of this happened 25 miles away form home. The wife rescued me it was only an hour before she got off from work.

SBP has improved the design. New on the left and old on the right. Its larger and thicker metal now. There is also diff type screws that don't rub. At least in my case. I looked onto getting those screws all over town couldn't find any accept at Fastenal the only wanted to sell a box for over $20. In hindsight I should have done it. LOL

This was my Quick fix with JB Weld to go to a Job Fair. I've added more JB Weld since I took this pic. I didn't make it on the bike though the motor sprocket fell off again. Called wife for another rescue. It came off before but this time I've lost the wood ruff key! :(

This is a pic of some oil spatter after I pedaled home when my sprocket came off. Not sure where it could be from either the head gasket or exhaust gasket. But I've got bigger issues now.

There has also been a couple other things. I think my clutch was starting to slip. When i got to start I'd peddle up to 8-10 mph pop the clutch and it would turn the motor over. I got 2 set of pads just before all this trouble.

Of course some flat trouble. I'm using Bell Flatblocker Max tubes. They had taken so may hit that they depended on being stuck to the tires LOL. So when I switched them I added Slime to the rear. But the front one the valve stem is to large to the stem removal tool! Got a spare on there now. I made some progress turning it with really skinny needle nose pliers, but I may just try and take them up on their lifetime guarantee.

Oh yeah and one more point. The bike ran great with no trouble until there's some work to go. Thank god I've got the Li-Ion E-Zip!

One more thing. I'm not knocking SBP or my china gurl. I've known Pablo and Ghost before there was a SBP and there good guys that do good work! My e-zip still needs a china girl mounted on him!

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Too many images:

This a good looking battle scar LOL After I repacked the bearing I got the thick and thick nut reversed and pushed the sprocket into one of the kickstand bolts.

Last edited: