???? 8W 750LM 12v Led Headlight ????

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ordered one of these a bit ago, I dont know if this light will be what I'm looking for or not but if it is, it will be nice to have good light in front of me on my 16 mile trip in the dark to work at 5:00am in the mornings when I feel like riding one of the bikes to work.

Anyway I just wanted to share this find, I will post results as soon as I get it and get it hooked up.

High Power Waterproof White LED Flood Light
Brand new and high quality
Will work in direct rain or underwater
Bright white LED
Great for outdoor use, boats, etc.
Protection rank: IP67
Material: Aluminum
12V, 8W
Luminous flux: 750LM
Color temperature: 6500K
Dimension: about 3.15 in x 2.95 in x 2.95 in (8.0 cm x 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm)

Peace, Shan

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Here is the ebay link to where I purchased mine.

High Power Waterproof White LED 8W Flood Light Outdoor - eBay (item 320724037631 end time Aug-04-11 16:23:53 PDT)

Seller is in Hong Kong so it may take 2 weeks and a day to get it but for the price if it works out it will be worth it to me, I have seen this same light selling for twice this amount other places so this is a good deal if it is as bright as I think it will be, I have been using a 200 lumens LED light which is a bit weak in the knees for my taste but it does work, but if this is a true 750 Lumens LED light it will be as The Aleman said "Bright"

I plan to power this light with a scooter battery just like the one that I use on my 150cc Roketa Scooter, and then when I get home in the evening I will just connect my 2amp charger to the battery and it will get a good charge over night and be ready to go again, the 8w LED should be pretty easy on this size battery and should have several hours of run time on it.

Anyway, so of this is just getting the cart befor ethe horse right now since I dont even have the light yet, but I really hope this is the light I've been looking for since the price is right.

pic of the battery I plan to use below, it's a $20 - $30 battery depending on where you buy it and should last a long time if kept up right

Peace

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
any update on the light how well does it wrk?
Haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, had way to much going on here lately but I will get it done and I will post results as soon as I know how bright this light is, sorry about that I had intended on having some results posted by now...... just been very HOT around here and have had several set backs so I'm just now getting a little time to start on the bike tinkering again.

Peace, map

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Look forward to hearing it. I know abotu set backs I have had a few myself nothing like you have just gone through and I am gald to here that it was just a set back on not a life changer my prayers were with you and still are. On a lighter note it has been in the 100's to 110's here for alomist the last two months with rain a few time a week (monsoon season) so I have had little time to ride and work on my new build, and when I did it was just to hot to tune it properly and ride for any lenth of time.

I really look forwad to how it works out and will be watching this thread. It will be cooling off pretty soon and I will be riding to work again all the way through the winter to next summer and will need a good light for coming home at night.

Nate

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Sorry about this guys..........

Monday will be the day, I will hook the light up and see what it will do compared to a 50w Halogen MR 16 bulb, even if it isnt quite as bright it will be great if it will at least compare closely, the 50w MR 16 bulb is what I had on one of my bikes for a while and it did a pretty good job but drained a battery very quicky, I could only get just over an hour on a full charge using a rectangular 12v deer feeder battery.

Monday will be the day I will post results...........unless something really major prevents it.

Peace, map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Tested the 8W LED light just after dark and it's excellent, I compared it to a MR16 50W bulb and it's only a fraction less and I mean a fraction, this thing is extremely bright up the middle and also throws a large amount of good light angling out on each side of the main beam, I am very impressed with this LED, well worth the cost IMHO, this will make an excellent headlight on a MB for me and with it's low draw on a battery this makes it a winner in my book.

I know it took a while but we have results and I can tell you straight up that this is a good light, one of these on the front of a bike for the headlight and another on the back with some red lens tape on it and people could see you from a long ways off, this light isn't stylish at all but I'm sure a nice set up can be made if you wanted to build a nice outer shell for the look you wanted and had this light built into it.

Peace, map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I would b curious as to how these bulbs will compare 2 a mr16 led bulb
I have the MR16 LED lights also and they aren't even as good a a 2 cell flashlight, they are bright to look at but they dont project light out very well at all which is the case with any light that doesn't have a reflector behind it.

I have bought and tried many different types of bulbs and so far these 8W LED lights are the best I've seen for the amount of light they produce vs the power consumption, any bike I have that needs a good head light will be getting one or two of these put on it for sure, by far the best LED light I have ever personally used and in my opinion will be perfect for using on a bicycle if someone doesnt mind mounting a small 12v lawnmower or motorcycle battery and then remembers to put a trickle charge on it after the light is used a couple of times.

Also I'm very curious to how well or if that 12v light coil sold on ebay for the HT engines will power the LED ok without over volting it at high revs, this may be an option that would do away with needing a battery on the bike to power the light............Shrug.......?

Peace, map

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Very nice and thanks for sharing Mapbike. I may try one of these? Still reading about what you folks are trying. I wanna find something pretty freaky bright. I have noticed that cars here in the city it really makes a difference at night. If they think its a bicycle by how bright the light is they think I am going slow and sometimes pull out into the road way too close for comfort.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Very nice and thanks for sharing Mapbike. I may try one of these? Still reading about what you folks are trying. I wanna find something pretty freaky bright. I have noticed that cars here in the city it really makes a difference at night. If they think its a bicycle by how bright the light is they think I am going slow and sometimes pull out into the road way too close for comfort.
This 8W LED will almost put your eyes out if you look directly into it, it's that bright and for a Bike light, it is.... a freaky bright light for sure, it's so bright that if it isn't adjusted right someone in a car coming toward you will have a had time seeing where they are going if it were to shine in there face, I'm not kidding about this either, this thing is crazy bright for it's size and no one would have a hard time seeing you coming down the road or whatever if you had this light on day or night most likely.

Peace, map

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
Thanks for the insight maP I mainly put my mr16s on to be seen (safety) I can see fine in the city with all the street lights on the lights were mainly for traffic to see me

But now I wanna upgrade to something tha throws a good beam and floes most imPortantly being a led cause my entire lighting system is designed on 12 volt LEDs that have been dot approved I already have brake light running light and turn signals figured out just tryin to find the perfect hEadlight

I would greatly appreciate any further insight

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks for the insight maP I mainly put my mr16s on to be seen (safety) I can see fine in the city with all the street lights on the lights were mainly for traffic to see me

But now I wanna upgrade to something tha throws a good beam and floes most imPortantly being a led cause my entire lighting system is designed on 12 volt LEDs that have been dot approved I already have brake light running light and turn signals figured out just tryin to find the perfect hEadlight

I would greatly appreciate any further insight
One or two of these will give you awesome headlight, projects a great beam.....

Map