Maine

GoldenMotor.com

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Well seems im from maine thats where i ride, a nice town close to where i live is an island town consisting of a couple islands, makes for a nice riding area has quite a few hills, but is well worth the travels, im heading there again in an hour or so. ill try to take pictures while im out one of these days. The town which ill be riding through is primarily a fishing town with lobstermen, and clam diggers. Its normally a peacefull place that is just fun to ride through. Im going to use this thread to post pictures of the different areas i travel to with my Roadmaster. till than i will ttyl

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
here is one picture from a ride to the islands, its just of a bird in a slightly marshy type area.
sory if the picture isnt the greatest it was done with a old 3.1 megapixek camara, it still works so i cant justify buying a new one yet......

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool. More Maine ride pics please!

(I met my Bride of 21 years in Maine. On a cruise ship. She was a passenger and I was a lowly deck ape. Her Mom who was with her thought I was not good enough for her. lol, I ain't but she has forgiving standards) For our 20th, I brought her back to the dock and restaurant we had our first date on. Best thing that ever happened to me was the crazy tides in Maine. Full moon high tide put the gang-way at the door to her cabin.

AYup, I did thank the powers that be this morning. I do every morning an' night

TheBeak

Feb 25, 2009
Blue Hill Maine/ California
Cogswelln and chrisme,
I'm also in Maine. Just got back on the road last week. I'm in Blue Hill and there are at least two other motobikers on the peninsula right now, last year there were 5 of us. It's really beautiful up here. I take mine to work everyday, its about a 22 mile round trip for me. Ayuh

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Well ive been working rowards a maine ride for the mainers and those that wish to come from surrounding areas. I can honestly say ive been more concentrated on a trail that could make a nice little race track. It is on the smaller side, all dirt, and needs some work to get it done, but i am working on it, and im still going to be trying to get a group ride together within the next month or two. If you are a trail rider and like trails that are relatively easy to travel on i know of one that is fun. Any mainers who would like to check out the trail can send me a pm other than that ill be posting a youtube vid of the little track when i head out there again. dnut

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
yes i say race track, but its all sand and dirt, and it is also really small which doesnt allow for as much speed as that, but it is fun just to run around a few times

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Very cool. More Maine ride pics please!

(I met my Bride of 21 years in Maine. On a cruise ship. She was a passenger and I was a lowly deck ape. Her Mom who was with her thought I was not good enough for her. lol, I ain't but she has forgiving standards) For our 20th, I brought her back to the dock and restaurant we had our first date on. Best thing that ever happened to me was the crazy tides in Maine. Full moon high tide put the gang-way at the door to her cabin.

AYup, I did thank the powers that be this morning. I do every morning an' night
my bride of 30 years is from presque isle up in aroostic county. small world

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Looks like northern Minnesota to me. Sounds like you've got people to ride with. How cool is that! Makes me a little envious. Got to find some other bike riders up my way.
SB

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
the other people that were there was my two kids my son driving his escalade power wheel and my daughter riding shot gun my g/f and my g/f's little sister, but with us out there it was fun, anyone who lives in the area and doesnt mind getting their china girl dirty ill be glad to show them where it is and do a few laps with. might be a little hard to race it but definately fun to ride it. the "few others i was talking about in the post was a few other videos under my youtube acount with an even longer vid that is currently still uploading. I do appologize if anything i have said has been taken in a way tht i didnot intend, well for now i think i might head out for a cruise

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Youre video reminds me of when I used to go offroad with my Puch. Everyone else was on 125's or bigger, going off jumps and there I was puttin along the trail. I eventually tried a few jumps and made them, but one jump too many broke the shocks off the rear.

Vid also reminds me of trail riding on my raleigh, which went better than the Puch and was actually more treachorous. It was near a lake and several turns within a foot of the edge. Too much speed into the wrong turn and it was curtains.

I know I'm not contributing to Maine riding, but youre bringing back good memories for moi.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I have done a lot of riding my MB offroad. COVERING it in mud. It's awesome!! I blew up the engine recently though... Need to order parts to fix it still.

Talking about mud... I need to cover my offroad car in mud before the parade :D

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Cogswelln,
Nice pic. Its fine to me even if its not as colorful as the most modern cameras. As long as it aint blurry like that, its a great pic. Nice nature scene too. Im down in the florida panhandle. Right on the gulf coast in a town called Panama City. I actually live in lynn haven which is right above panama city.

Last edited: