Just finished install of 48cc Skyhawk

GoldenMotor.com

packerfan

Dec 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Just joined , helped my son with a Skyhawk 48cc installation, seemed to go Ok , just the usual snafu's when dealing with imported products. We are having trouble with the Carb though - it leaks a lot when not running - and throttle doesn't seem to do much either! when it runs it is full throttle or nothing - I did open it up and found a big burr where the idle adjustment screw was threaded in , cleaned that up but still having major leaks- are there any good troubleshooting guides for these carbs ??

When it is running this bike is a ton of fun !

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
try tighting all the screws in the carb is that doesnt work i will call the company where you got it from and ask them for a new one if you are still having problems call usabikemotors.com they are located it at ruthraff and la cholla i only live a couple of blocks away from their shoptheir number is 777-0924

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome packerfan, always cool to have another Tucsonan at motorbicycling.com...there's a bunch of us. We have Rallys and Death Race in the Old Pueblo, hope you can make it out to one.

I think Nougat got it right, as far as your throttle cable issue did you have to install the cable yourself or did the throttle cable come already assembled with the carb?

The guys at USA/Freedom are very nice and helpful.

packerfan

Dec 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Thanks to all who have responded - took the carb apart last night and found that they had not screwed in the main jet tube , it as just kind of stuck in there - that explains the throttle problems , and the float had filled with gas , which explains the gas leaking all over - brought it back to Ace hardware and they just handed me a new carb - we checked it , installed it and the motor now runs excellent ! Thanks again for all the help

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
hello newbee, take the bowl off the bottom of carb,(2 phillips screws) check the little white float to see if it is filled with gas.I had the same issue with my Grubee, also make sure you close the petcock when not running engine. and please change that cheap fuel line with some black rubber line. If float has a leak it should be under warranty, i was sent 2 new ones, but they took their time. (Kings Motorbikes). While you have the bowl off check tightness on the brass main jet that goes that goes through center of float. Also replace that junk plug boot, with anything else that has a snap fit, it simply unscrews from end of wire. Have fun and good luck, you found the right website. Its all here. Chopper joe

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
How did ace hardware have a carb for these kits, is that where you bought the kit?
or did they just happen to have a carb that would fit your engine.

I dont have a ace hardware where i live so i was just wondering.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
the people from gas bike net have a contract with ace hard ware to stocks this motor kit when you buy a kit from ace they will refer you to gas bike i think thats reason why he could get a new carb so quickly plus the motor still under waranty i hope