Rag joint

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
I was looking in the flea-bay store today and came across a combination that looked like it would work fine. Had all the usual parts for the joint, rubber pads but the inner metal part was actually two pieces that clamped around the hub then to the rubber doughnuts . Hub did not drive the wheel but allowed for alignment to the sprocket. Thing I did not care for was a radiator or adjustable clamp to hold the hub in place. Was ok just looked wrong. Just saying lol. Of course had the metal on the outside as well. gphil

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've seen these but never used one. Depends on the price to me....but I doubt a hose clamp will be strong enough to actually hold anything in place. It looks to me more like reinforcement of the original sandwich design.
Sorry again about not being able to send you one after speaking up!

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
I do not believe the clamp had any holding power, only lined it up , the rag joint , and held while the bolts were tightened on the spokes. After that I bet you could remove it if wanted. It just centered the joint on the hub. I think for the entire unit , joint assoc hardware was 45.00 + sh. Hey guy do not worry about the joint, no problem at all. gphil