Honda GX390 w/ electric start??

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I'm assuming that this beast is too big, or too powerful to put on a bicycle? lol

We have one here at work on a pressure washer. They are getting rid of it. When the new pressure washer arrives, this one will just sit in the corner somewhere. Nothing wrong with it either. Funny thing is if I wanted the engine I could have it for free. Not that I need something this big....just saying...

I was more wondering than anything because I see that it is rated at 13HP. Seems like a lot to put on a bicycle.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Yeah....I noticed that on AGK's site. Even if someone was to get the motor for free, it would be pretty expensive in the long run for mods, and the cost of a well built frame.

Like I said, I was just curious.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Way too big for a bicycle, unless you're building a custom Race tandem!

Great engine......for a pressure washer, roto-tiller, stump grinder, log splitter or a small motorcycle ;)

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
I'm assuming that this beast is too big, or too powerful to put on a bicycle? lol

We have one here at work on a pressure washer. They are getting rid of it. When the new pressure washer arrives, this one will just sit in the corner somewhere. Nothing wrong with it either. Funny thing is if I wanted the engine I could have it for free. Not that I need something this big....just saying...

I was more wondering than anything because I see that it is rated at 13HP. Seems like a lot to put on a bicycle.
I think you'd have a very difficult time convincing a cop that the engine on your moped was a street-legal 49cc. Plus you'd need some waaaay wide cranks to pedal it. But it sure would be fun to build and ride!

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
hey man do not net that beast go to waste !!!!!!!!!!

take it !!!!

even if you do not use it now you could spend a few years putting together a big ol trike and in the end you will be glad you took it !!!!

i would take it and imidiatly start looking for a heaavy dutie trike frame like the MT trike and start welding up some rear motor mounting plates, then one piece at a time rebuild the motor degoverned big atv or dirt bike carb custom exhaust, port and polish flywheel from NR racing !!!! then cvt or centrifugal clutch and i would eventualy have the most powerfull pedal triuke on the forum !!!

come on man do it !!! lol rear mount on a trike !!! i wanna see it !!