what high end exhaust ? 4 to choose from

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i am looking for a new exhaust as there is only so far you can get with the stock one modded to **** lol.

what i want is an expantion chamber that will help produce massive midrange pull and over all preformance... midrange power is what i am going for here !!!!

the header tube will be modded to the right length for my bike, welded longer or shorter as needed to get the power band where i need it. and the exhaust must be upswept (go over the motor and strait back )

witch one of thease x chambers is best

sbp x chamber....
fatty preformance pipe from scooterdepo
arrow torquer 2
arrow x chamber

all look great but what chamber will make the most over all midrange and low end power ? the header tube i wll fabricate or modify myself to the correct length so it is not important. its the chamber i waant to know about and get the best one for my application.

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
the fpp pipe looks like it could produce a verry wide and broad power band good for my application

the arrow x chamber looks like an exact to the numbers build for thease motors x chamber (if i were to make my own it would look just like that) and with a propper length header i could put the power where i need it and i am sure it would be the best preformer, but at the cost of a shorter albeit more powerfull band.

the spb is easy to install and is a little tunable and from what i hear it preforms pretty good when tunned right

the arrow torquer 2 is a direct easy breasy beautiful cover girl bolt on that claims low end and mid by the look of the chamber i would say mostly low end and a little everywhere else .

what do you guys think ? an exhaust is my next buy this friday

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i personaly think that thease four exhaust are the cream of the crop for our motors but if anyone has any other suggestions i am open !!!

just remember i am looking for extreem midrange power that is the goal of my bike build !

full on midrange cruising power. i want to be able to cruise around at 20-30 mph and be in my motors power band the whole time ! dont care about top end or fast i like 30 max so my bike is geared for 20-30mph to be at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle and right now the power band is to top endy for my taste it just kiks in at the top of my cruising speed and i can only use a little of it without going faster than i want to.. right now with the stock modded exhaust it kicks in right before 3/4 then goes to wot. so i only use a small portion of it and i feel like its wasted power. if i go any bigger on my sprocket i would have to drive at 3/4-wot to cruise between 20-30 and but i would be in the band .... i just dont want to drive around wot all the time and wear out my motor and needle bearings

if i could broaden the midrange power and widen the band a little, 1/2 to 3/4 throttle would be right in my band and right at my cruising speed !!!!!!!!!!!! it would make for real snappy responce wile cruising around and feel as if the engine had raw power at regular driving speed and tackle any hill no prob ! guys with lessr mods and just a small sprocket would shurly beat me in a race where speed is an issue but my bike would have an insane amount of ussable power right where i want it !

its like hey my bike is faster than yours but............how come yours feels SOOO MUCH MORE POWERFULL ? lol that is what i am looking for

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
ohh my bike is a 26in beach cruiser, grubee gt5, ports corrected and polished, head decked, piston ramps ground for all 4 ports, piston skirt cut 1/4 inch short on intake side, cns carb, long z intake, nkg plug, 44t rear gives just the right cruise speed at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle for me but thinking of a 48t or 50t.

puch 70cc hi hi coming in the mail

i am building a torque machine !!! top speed i want to be 35 and comfy cruise speed 25-30mph

Last edited:

bahramu

Jun 6, 2013
San Francisco
The best pipe for low/mid range is a torque pipe. No one sells them so you must make your own but I can link you with details. Pm me if interested

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, if u have the ability to weld up ur header, why not weld up a chamber designed to do exactly wot u want. There's plenty of info out there on pipe design if u look & programs to do all the calculations for u too. If u want a really broad band I would suggest breaking the convergent cone into more than one section, with a correct length straight section between the cone portions. This allows wide power bands without sacrificing boost. Hope this helps. Cheers

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
I'd either go with the Arrow snake exhaust or the Torquer II. Its just that the snake seems to large for the size of the 66cc motors. I'm no expert here, so don't quote me!