i'm baffled..

GoldenMotor.com

pedal no mo

Jul 27, 2013
land of the free
Haa haaa ha ,,i'M riding along,,,then POW BLAMM paa paaa paaa,,my baffle blew out...the weld that held it in there broke....sOoOOOO the question is,, what do i pack in there to keep it quiet? steel wool?or...zptzpt

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Anything you pack in there will probably just blow out without a cap. I'm not sure how expensive a new stock muffler is, but if you get a replacement, put loctite on the nut on the bottom of the muffler. That should keep this from happening again.

pedal no mo

Jul 27, 2013
land of the free
the whole baffle assembly came out in one peice ,,cap and all ...all i have there is a empty can,,lol...i just put the baffle assembly back up in and drilled a hole thru the whole deal and now i'm gonna thru bolt it..but i wrapped it with steel wool...see how that sounds...i'm about to make a home depot trip for the bolt...oh and the head stud fell out too...so i'm on the hunt for that bolt too...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
what ever you do I say dont waste your money on a new stock pipe/muffler/biggest power robbing feature of these engines out of the box.....
put a expansion pipe on it or make your own exhaust port matched free flowing exhaust and then you will likely see a few MPH top speed increase and more power on the inclines as well, stock pipes are junk when they have all the original guts in them and have not had the flange port matched to the exhaust port, 2 smoker engines were not designed to be choked down like the stock pipes do to them, they need to breathe well to perform right.

Map

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
I cut the dinky little pipe off the inside of the muffler cap (it was choking out my engine) then cut about a 4 inch piece of 1 1/4" inside diameter pipe, drilled a TON of holes in it, welded it to the muffler cap, then wrapped a couple coarse steel wools on it and wrapped wire around it to keep it all on and in place. Runs smooth and about at quiet as when stock. And added about 5-7 MPH on my stock sprocket

Hope this helps!