hf 79cc vertical mount

GoldenMotor.com

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
The weather was finally nice this afternoon so after working on the bikes I went for a ride on the drive.
The bike is riding on a 78 jet in the carb with a straight pipe while the exhaust gets fixed.
The back wheel got shimmed with washers on the back axle to get more chain clearance between the tire and frame.
Yesterday when I was out in the sea breeze of 20+ miles per hour the bike didn't like the head wind but with the breeze to my back I had no problem keeping up to traffic.
After the carb gets jetted and the exhaust gets fixed I think the gear ratios will have to get adjusted since take off is slow and long slight inclines keep the engine from getting to high rpm.
I was thinking about changing the sprocket after the clutch instead of the rear wheel sprocket,just a thought any other thoughts? http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/r...3&page=1&_suid=136580554709204645472858301296

Attachments

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
You could try a smaller sprocket there ..good to hear you're getting some riding in.

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
I was kind of thinking about a larger one to get a easier take off and higher rpm on the hills the speed is ok but stop n go in town would suck with this setup.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
If you meant first on jackshaft....bigger there too and smaller off the backside of it to the wheel

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
Yes I have a 22tooth going into the jackshaft on the mini hub so I was wondering about a 24 or 26 tooth.

Also todays pictures are in my Bike Ride album.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
The bike came out grate. Hope to see you at a ride soon.
You can pick up an 8 tooth #41 sprocket off ebay.
Try AGK's gear ratio caculator.

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
I put a 28 tooth sprocket on the jackshaft after the clutch today.
The bike rode a lot better with the new sprocket because it took off at intersections and handled hill climbs a lot smoother.
The top end speed was a little slower as expected so the next thing I may play with might be to change the 9 tooth output sprocket with a 10 or 11 tooth sprocket.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I was going for speed originaly. But the engine dosen't have enough power to pull a higher gear.
I'm curently running it with the stock gear raito.

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/rhodeislandnewport/library/Bike Fleet?sort=3&page=1

Just an update I have been tweaking the chain clearance, I left the ratio at 28 tooth on the reduction because this works pretty good for going through town.

Out of these bikes the green one with a 4G tapered shaft is the fastest and takes off with me on it. I get about 40 plus.
The HF Predator 79cc has better torque going against the wind and up hills.