where did she come from

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm sure some of you guys, who are new, wonder what the origin of the name china girl is. Well early on in the days of this forum, we were discussing names because nobody liked happy time as a name.

After much discussion, about two minutes, It was decided that the engine was made in China and like any other girl, if you didn't pay her a lot of attention before hand, you were not going to get a satisfactory ride from her. So China Girl was born.... It was also mentioned by one of the early members that it had a nice exotic ring to it. I am glad to see how well the name has taken hold.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Yes it has and I remember pablo saying he was in the navy and it was kind of exotic, Back then the bikes were exotic. It was a strange and terrifying experiment for me at least. thank god for Norman lol...

The good thing is there were no real 'experts' everybody was kind of learning together. Lots of fun.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yes it has and I remember pablo saying he was in the navy and it was kind of exotic, Back then the bikes were exotic. It was a strange and terrifying experiment for me at least. thank god for Norman lol...

The good thing is there were no real 'experts' everybody was kind of learning together. Lots of fun.
Yes Sir the new an exotic was the stuff and we were learning together. I am glad I found this place. I got to learn a ton of stuff about this hobby that other wise would definitely have took me longer to figure out fo sho!!

I have enjoyed this forum. I gotta tip my hat to the folks that helped kick this place of in the right direction. Thanks guy's!!!(^)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
With the availability of help and advice here, and because of many of the questions I see, I have to wonder how many unsuccessful and/or abandoned bike engine projects there are out there owned by folks who haven't discovered or benefited from this forum.
How many times have you seen a newbie ask a question that he gets immediate replies to and fixes his problem? Time and time again and it happens almost every day.
I recently saw a suggestion made by one of our members that really sounded like a good one. He said a link to this forum should be included with every engine kit from every source. Just think of the people who would not end up with a non-working bike if they knew about us before they started their build.
Great job to all of you who contribute help and advice to the newcomers.
Thanks from me and the rest of the staff here.
Tom

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I'm surprised one of our faithful Vendors hasn't started sending off small bumper stickers for this site with their sales as an effort to make this site more known. I suppose someday it'll happen....

But yeh, this site has it all for anyone that comes through its doors and has helped me more than once also and it sure was fun to do all these emoticons way back when!

.flg.