did anybody see

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I saw this report on the news last night. It was about a three wheeled car that was a real micro mini. It ran on compressed air. now that is a heck of an idea. Wonder how big the tank would have to be to drive a bike 20 miles.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We used to build and race cars powered by CO2 capsules like those used in BB guns, wine openers, etc. Of course they were only about 1/25th scale. It would take a big capsule to power a full sized vehicle. lol, our cars also had no speed control. Once punctured, the capsule exhausted its pressure, sort of like a JATO bottle. Not too practical for the street, I guess.
Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
We made those little cars in shop class when I was a kid. The shop teacher had a dual car launcher jig set up with a big rubber band that would puncher the the back of the Co2 cartridges where by launching a fair race.
I loved shop classes growing up!!
God bless our teachers today with today's youth they do one heck of a job. I salute teachers!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
could put a cutting torch on its side in the trunk and train a poor unspecting monkey to knock the ends off the bottles,lol

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
check out the thread with the steam engine ,one of the vids on u-tube says a air compressor tank of compressed air ran a small motor for I believe 30 minutes