Roadmaster Briggs Bike pics.

GoldenMotor.com

pacesetter

Nov 27, 2010
West Side Costa Mesa
man i'd be worried about the junctions where the frame meets the drop outs! looks like they are just pressed in there. hit a bump and lose a back wheel, that wouldnt be good at all huh? That big ol motor is gonna make that thing fly though. The "shocker" ( no not that "shocker"lol) fork will smooth out most bumps though.
Hey thanks for taking a look. I will keep that in mind. Cleveland welding has been doing a pretty good job of making bikes for a long time'

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
man i'd be worried about the junctions where the frame meets the drop outs! looks like they are just pressed in there. hit a bump and lose a back wheel, that wouldnt be good at all huh? That big ol motor is gonna make that thing fly though. The "shocker" ( no not that "shocker"lol) fork will smooth out most bumps though.
I think those drop-outs are either silver-soldered or braised in place,with probably a hole punched in the drop-out before the seat and chain stay are flattened onto them.Never had one apart?
Bairdco would know! Kip.
[email protected]

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've worried about those dropouts my whole life, long before i put a motor on a bike, but i can honestly say, i've never seen one pull apart.

they're slip-fit, then pinched, and usually brazed, although i've seen some that look tack welded.

in my opinion, if you have the means, it wouldn't hurt to weld a bead on them and beef them up.

also, everything i've typed above is related to vintage american made steel bikes. i would never trust a new, made in china toy bike with the same design.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
;);)
Are you kidding me!I got hollered at for "pinching" a down tube less than
1/16" in order to allow my front mounting studs a straight shot for mounting!
Boy when certain experts catch wind of what you did they're gonna slap a condemened sign on that build!,And rip you a new one for posting that!

I like it looks factory,Kinda like what they do on the chain stays for chain ring clearance!
Let's hear them explain how this method is different than my method!Kip.
[email protected]
Hello!Hello! KnockKnockknock!Anybody out there??CUE the crickets!
I don't want to be accused of high jacking pacesetters thread.,But I find it ironic,no maybe moronic.
That the "expurts" and the "guy's with the magic buttons" or both chose to not post in threads that might paint them in a light that reveal them as they
might be!
Maybe we should start a Thread on this subject!(Double-Standards) or ("expurts")and how they try to baffle you with poppy-cock!
Hope I can say that!
Rather than impress you with their deeds!
I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong!
I Betcha i'd be a Looong Day if you were waiting for one of them to admit their wrong,Specially on the Forum! PM's don't count!Kip.
[email protected]

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
*sigh*

They're not actively recommending nor selling this method to others.

As has been said many times before it's not what you choose to do with your own build, it's advising others with questionable, perhaps hazardous techniques that may endanger, particularly when there's a plethora of easy and safe alternatives.

If you have any problems with any moderator or their actions, please feel free to message the site's administrator Paul for a resolution, please don't disrupt another's thread with this dispute.

Last edited:

pacesetter

Nov 27, 2010
West Side Costa Mesa
W.T.F. cant we all just get along. I welcome and encourage any and all post but if you are going to banter back and forth PLEASE do it some where else. I can learn from any body some teach me what to do others teach me what not to do either way i am still learning. although this is my first motor bike build i have been collecting vintage bicycles for the last ten years and always looking to add more. for my motorbike build i am being mentored by one of the best. he built the first briggs bike over twenty years ago.
THANKS MSRFAN. the reason i started this thread is so all could watch, learn, ask questions, give advice and have FUN.

If at first you don't sucseed keep on sucking till you do sucseed.

Thanks Pacesetter

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
W.T.F. cant we all just get along. I welcome and encourage any and all post but if you are going to banter back and forth PLEASE do it some where else. I can learn from any body some teach me what to do others teach me what not to do either way i am still learning. although this is my first motor bike build i have been collecting vintage bicycles for the last ten years and always looking to add more. for my motorbike build i am being mentored by one of the best. he built the first briggs bike over twenty years ago.
THANKS MSRFAN. the reason i started this thread is so all could watch, learn, ask questions, give advice and have FUN.

If at first you don't sucseed keep on sucking till you do sucseed.

Thanks Pacesetter
I'm with you. Let's get back to our regular program and have fun learning from each other.
SB

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Being a briggs engine fan, I was just checking for an update on this bike. I t was off to a wonderful start.

Gilbert

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
I know this is an older thread, but I was really excited to see the progress of this build as I am planning on doing a similar idea for my next build. This is a great looking, and well executed build so far and I have so much respect for doing a build from scratch without the help of a pre-assembled kit. Let us know if its still in the works!!
-Dan

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hoping that all is well with you and that your build is progressing. I know how it is that sometimes life interferes with what we want to be doing. Whenever it happens it is going to be a great accomplishment, worth taking whatever time it needs. Good luck to you.
SB