gunk!

GoldenMotor.com

xwint3rxmut3x

May 27, 2010
Chicago
ok, so i've had my bike for a few months now. Had all the standard problems at first, with chain slipping off, etc...I eventually got everything set properly, and was able to ride it for a month with no problems at all. I upgraded to an iridium plug in July, ran like a dream. Then all of a sudden, I can't get the engine to turn over, starts like it's going to turn over....and then just slows to a stop. There is gunk on the outside of the cylinder head, and a ton of gunk/grease on the chain and sprocket..I may be wrong, but I don't remember there being grease on the chain...I'm really at a loss on what to do, I don't really know how to clean a carb, not sure what else to clean. I think I was running way too rich of a fuel mixture...way too much oil. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

xwint3rxmut3x

May 27, 2010
Chicago
thanks for the reply nougat, i'm in the middle of getting ready for a move so not as much time to dedicate to the bike. Will look at it tonight, the spark plug is brand new, and it's definitely tight...I'll check for the crush washer later. I already pulled my air filter off, and the sponge was wet with fuel also.