Finally got it running! Check it out

GoldenMotor.com

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I have been building this for over six months. I built the bike from the ground up then mounted the engine kit.

The bike is a GT triple triangle chromoly frame I had powder coated black.

The engine is a 66cc. I added a hardware kit, noise dampener, plug and plug wire, tuned pipe, teflon clutch cable, dual pull brake lever, and air filter from SBP. Then I added a billet intake from Pirate. I also bought two sprockets and a top hat adapter (to mount the sprocket to the disc brake part of the rear hub) from Kings Sales and service. One sprocket is a 38T and the other is a 54T. I also build a custom spring loaded tensioner from a tensioner from Tractor supply and some ideas from the forum. Almost forgot the #41 chain.
I am also running opti-2 from the start.

I wanted this bike to be as bullet proof as possible so I took my time and got the right parts for it. I think I have more fun building than riding (although riding is a blast). I have a gallon through it and it runs great! very little vibration and it sounds and runs better than I imagined it would. I think I got lucky and got a good engine.

My next project is to replace the PVC tank with a apple juice tank. I heard the PVC won't hold up over a long period of time.

I just wanted to show you guys after all this time of building and hours and hours here on the forum. You guys were right when you said addicting!

I hope you guys like it!

Attachments

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
That is sweet looking.dance1 If you get tired of leaning forward just change the handle bars to some old BMX style. That's what I use. Made a world of difference. Get some lights if you're going to ride at night.

Glad to see you got it going though, Happy riding.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Thanks dag, I don't plan on any night riding. It is mainly for off road and some on road riding for fun. I am not using it for transportation that would require night riding.

I thought about the bmx bars. I might do that at some point. I have been mountain biking off road for a long time and I am used to the riding position. In fact if I was riding without the engine the seat would be higher and I would be more bent over. How much did you pay for your bars?