a cool cop story

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I highly reccomend wearing a helmet. Even if you never fall down, it makes you LOOK like you are safety minded.

Indeed Prof.....they let motorists know ( most of them ) that we're going faster than they think.....and that we're serious about biking.....I dread the day when we're going to end up wearing full body armor...can you imagine that down here in Florida in the middle of the summer ? :D

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I say this over and over and might be redundant, repeating my self or saying the same thing over and over. Beeing redundant. Saying the same thing over and over, But a big arse helmet really does let folks in cars know your going faster then a bicycle. Had a spill a while back and face planted. Helmet saved me. I was not gifted B4. just holding ground! lol

(Really, the thought of Carol spoon feeding me, not fun. I am selfish but not to that point. They need us. 2 provide and not be a drag)

Attachments

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I say this over and over and might be redundant, repeating my self or saying the same thing over and over. Beeing redundant. But a big arse helmet really does let folks in cars know your going faster then a bicycle. Had a spill a while back and face planted. Helmet saved me. I was not gifted B4. just holding ground! lol

(Really, the thought of Carol spoon feeding me, not fun. I am selfish but not to that point. They need us. 2 provide and not be a drag)

Faceplant.........just the word.....the thought....sends chills.....I was struck by lightning a while back ( 2004 )...I have a kevlar plate in my head....I ALWAYS wear my helmet.......I don't need to die......

Thanks,
SAlty.shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Salty, I so want to buy you a cup of coffee or a beer. (I am hoping you want a beer) Wow, lightning? not fun

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Salty, I so want to buy you a cup of coffee or a beer. (I am hoping you want a beer) Wow, lightning? not fun

Dan,
I only accept SEVERAL beers......thank God I still have that capacity ! :D....much obliged Sir !
and yeah.....lightning...Hurricane Jeanne back in Sept. '04.......not fun at all.....unless ya consider morphine fun.......LOL !....took me a long time to bounce back....almost two years ... but I'm alright now :).....thanks !

Grins,
Salty.shft.

G

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
If memory serves me right some trucker drove into that storm determined to deliver and was never heard from again.I think he was driving across that bridge to one of the Keys...I believe I'd want something stronger than beer after a lightening strike. No wonder you ain't scared to ride a MB!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
For those who heard this story before bear with me, it just seems time to do it again.

I lived in upstate NH for years and there was a rehab center/home for people who had brain injurys.
Met a young fellow in his very early 20s in the gas station in front of my house when he came into town. Badly crippled up. Hard to talk to due to his having to think what he wanted to say then say it.
Here is his story.

Lived in Boston and rode his bike everywhere. Had to go to the store 3 blocks away and as he was going out the door he reached out for his helmut but it's a nice day and its only 3 blocks.

Someone opened a car door in front of him and he swerved around it lost his balance and hit his head on the curb.

Took you less than a minute to read what he said? Took him ten minutes to tell me.
He went to schools and anywhere that would let him talk and tell his story. As he said it was his life mission.
If he could save one person it was worth it.

I'm trying to help.

Steve

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
If memory serves me right some trucker drove into that storm determined to deliver and was never heard from again.I think he was driving across that bridge to one of the Keys...I believe I'd want something stronger than beer after a lightening strike. No wonder you ain't scared to ride a MB!
George,
I'm a bit north of the Keys but that Hurricane basically fu#*ked up the whole state......it was three weeks after Hurricane Frances.....( which messed us up also ).......who said lightning doesn't strike twice...?....I don't like doing PK's ( pain killers )....I like having control of my senses....so I just gulp down Advil and the assorted over the counter bull****.......but give me a cold beer and I'm alright !... HOOO!

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm in that club, but not so severe. was working on a 1200' transmission tower in texas when a storm came in. the tower had an elevator, which was like a little metal coffin on wires. me and another guy were cramped inside of it, 2 guys were riding on top of it, and lightning hit the tower. luckily, it was well grounded, so we didn't take a direct hit. but it sounded like an explosion, and all our hair was standing up, and static sparks and flashes criscrossed the tower.

after that, i had about 20 beers. i was literally "amped" up.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I don't like doing PK's ( pain killers )....I like having control of my senses....so I just gulp down Advil and the assorted over the counter bull****.......but give me a cold beer and I'm alright !... HOOO!
Same here had chronic pain for almost 17 years and IMO alcohol was the lesser of evils. Half the country seems to be strung out on them pills! I'm just glad I am not in need of it any more! Dang chronic pain wears on ya.