Schwinn Stingray XL Frame & Fork For Sale

GoldenMotor.com

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
When I fused an OCC and WCC together in my Orange Coast Chopper build,
I found I just couldn't get the length out of it that I wanted. hence the swept back and raised seat post. The neck geometry was already set, so nothing could be done as far as lengthening; otherwise it made the front fork almost straight up and down. The only way it could be done properly would be to cut out the spiderweb in the neck, change the rake and geometry, lengthen, and put it all back together.

It was easier just to start from scratch and build a new frame....Hence, the production Bobber Frame.

Brett! No problem. I have tons of Info on custom bikes and builders. Been around a long time.
Ran My Custom bike forum for about 7yrs on MSN before I lost interest and let it go to the crapper as to say.
Now I have a new found interest in custom bikes again and a new found interest in Motored bikes.
I'm thinking of doing this WCC/OCC as a motored bike. MY bike from I Ride will probably be just a 3spd pedal bike.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Hey brett I almost got my bike finished up My stretched Occ full suspension, and it works as well if not better than I had hoped. I need to do my finish work and purdy it up but it's golden now I just need to have the extra money together for your jackshaft

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Cool,
The Stand ALone Jackshaft for Chopper Style Bicycles has been designed by me and finalized by the machinist and is ready for production. It will be available with the seat post clamping dimensions of an OCC Stingray, Spoiler, or West Coast Chopper. (The larger, beefier seat post dimension than most beach cruisers have)
This unit is designed to fit on bikes where the seat post is just too far from the down tube and engine, so it can stand alone, link up to the engine, and divide the power to the rear, right at the jackshaft, between the engine or and cranks. It's an ultra clean setup that is very efficient. The casing will be made out of billet aluminum, tube clamp style. I originally designed this for my Bobber's 1.5" tube, but why not make other versions to fit OCC's and the like, I said to myself.

They will sell for $190 complete with hardened gears, bearings, and freewheel.
Just mount up a derailleur to the rearand a shifter on the handlebars,
and away you go.
.shft.