Poo Poo Exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
I want to get the "Poo Poo" exhaust system for my bike, mainly because I think it looks a lot nicer than the stock one.

How does it perform? Is it any quieter/louder than stock? Any performance changes?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've never used the actual poo-poo but all my bikes have long extended pipes with the muffler way out back. It keeps the sound behind and below you so they are quieter, at least to the rider. Actually they are quiet.
As for performance differences I've never compared one of my bikes using both the kit muffler and my long pipes so I can't say if they hurt or help but they all seem to perform well.
And I agree with you. The longer pipes just look a lot better than that goofy kit muffler hanging down in front like it was an afterthought.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I like using the long pipes as well. Like Tom said, I can not say either if there is or isn't a performance gain over the stock exaust but they look right and put the sound behind the rider which is nice.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I don't care if it's a performance gain, I just want to make sure it's made cheaply and has a loss of perfomance
Well... I am sure they are made as cheaply as any other china made HT engine exhaust, but I don't think you will see a performance loss. I am assuming you left the word "NOT" out of your last comment, because you would be the first person looking for one made cheaply with performance loss. LOL

They do look good and I never had any trouble with mine falling apart. Biggest problem I have had is having to bend the pipe a bit to get it to fit the bike right. I have it in my head that there may be just a bit more torque when going up grades using the long pipe, but have no proof of that and if there is a bit more performance over the stock pipe it is probably minimal.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
TakeiT, you might want to give some thought to making your own exhaust system. You can use 1/2" or better yet, 3/4" EMT, electrical conduit. It can bent with the proper tool and you can get some pretty tight radius bends. Tight enough for our purposes anyway.

If you have a welder or access to someone who does, building a custom exhaust can be a challenge but fun. It takes a little practice but EMT is cheap if you mess up a few feet of it. Give it a try.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I suspect the long head pipe would quiet the sound nicely too, more volume for gas expansion before the baffles in the muffler.