How creative do you get with your fuel line?

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I've always ran a little extra longer than necessary fuel line to make little loops, etc. I don't like the look of pulled tight straight fuel line from tank to carb. I'd like to see some pictures, possibly to develop new ideas, of what you have done/how you have routed your fuel line. 2 stroke kits, 4-stroke kits, doesn't matter, I'm interested in seeing how creative you get with the guidance of your line. Include pictures or a link to pictures and let me know. Currently I'm running a speed carburetor with some blue 5/16" fuel line and an inline filter, of course, routed how I like it, could always improve later if I see something I like better. Anyone ever make a homemade breather tube setup for their air filter, neatly routed? I'm very interested to see what you have done, looking forward to some neat ideas! Thanks.rmfla

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Copper line with glass filter (NAPA part# 7-02350) & fuel sight gauge made from two brass fittings & length of clear line (side of tank);

Difficult to see in the pics but another fuel gauge, behind the seat on my recumbent - just a T fitting at the petcock with an alcohol resistant clear line running up to another T fitting near the top of the tank's breather tube;

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
That's a nice rig! I looked through your other pictures as well, looks like you did some serious port matching, looks really really good, I like the look of those "straight plug" heads. I'd take that over a slanted plug anyday. Have any more pictures of the complete bike?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Thanks Tom, I have gotten better shop lights in the meantime lol - I've been working on my tan, see?

That's a nice rig! I looked through your other pictures as well, looks like you did some serious port matching, looks really really good, I like the look of those "straight plug" heads. I'd take that over a slanted plug anyday. Have any more pictures of the complete bike?
Thanks Donavan, here's my fave - I use it for making bike cards;

...and here's the build thread, as it's a "rustoration" build-off you'll get bairdco & silverbear's examples too ;) http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=13144