First 4 stroke build! 212 cc HF gearing questions!

GoldenMotor.com

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
So I purchased the 212cc Harbor Freight engine for $80 thanks to my friend having a discount code dance1
I'd like to start buying some parts for it so I guess I should explain my plans
I have a Nirve Switchblade, I'd like to be able to go 40-50 without sounding/vibrating like I'm a pothole away from an explosion which is what I'm currently experiencing with my china lady going 30mph....
Needless to say I'm considered obese so I'm sure that doesn't help along with this bike frame being pretty bulky itself :bike2:

So pardon my french but what sort of clutch/ gearing would you guys recommend to haul my fat a$$ around?
I am new to centrifugal clutches and jackshafts but if I have the slightest grasp on the the predator engine set up I believe I need both?

Attachments

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
212 cc motor is way too big to power that chopper style bike to ride on the street.

The Harbor Freight 79 cc would be a better choice.
Well here's the complete plan so a better final picture is shown
18" moped rims (stronger spokes hub bearings and drum brakes)
I figure if moped hub bearings are designed to go 30mph then 40 shouldn't stress em too much
Frame gusset reinforcement all around
New dropouts
Here's a crude ms paint sketch of how I would like it to look, my friend described it as "very toon world" but I prefer the term "ghost rider-ish" xct2

Attachments

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
I think all the gusset's would help a lot as well as the beefed up dropouts, I heard the dropouts have to be drilled out to fit a moped axle on my frame so I figure I should just make stronger ones and add a nice pointy end piece on there if I can summon the skills to do so
Do you have any suggestions on how I could make the frame work?
It's the carbon steel frame model if that makes any difference