2 Stroke parts upgrade

GoldenMotor.com

ilkeeper

Dec 2, 2008
il
Well, I believe I'm going with the Titan engine kit after the first of the year do to reliability, But I am thinking about going with a 2 stroke engine (to learn with) a little later on. I have heard that the round head is better than the square, Any thoughts on this, and where would you recommend getting this engine?

Thanks...

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have heard ALL the 48cc engines are smoother than the 70cc. I don't know anyone who has persaonally run several of each side by side, but I am sure someone will chime in here.

AdmiralRedman

Nov 5, 2008
Texas
Not that these engines are very well balanced to begin with, but adding a heavier piston to the equation like they did on the 69cc kits makes things shaky.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I do have a 48cc 2 70cc and a 80cc? my 80cc is the smoothest the 70cc is the fastest and the 48cc I don't like it seems to me to be the dog of the group. 48cc has needle wrist pin as does one of the 70cc engines. the fastest is the bushed 70cc. the needle wrist pin 70 is a dax and its being one of my favorites as its getting more power all the time.
to take off on it all I need to do is push off with one foot and let out the clutch and it pulls good! the needle bearing engines seem to me to make a lot more upper cylinder noise.
My fastest has a lot of noise from the gears as does the 48cc along with the upper noise due to the needle bearings both of these are boygofast engines.
the 80cc is from kings I have not taken it apart and have had it the longest of all of them it my very favorite smooth and easy to the body
so there yo go any questions ask and I 'll lie by best to you.rotfl
Norman