29r Genisis.. Almost done?

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Man that really does suck. I've been finding myself not riding at all lately. If it's suck a small town you should get this story in the news papers for s@&$ and giggles.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Out of respect to other Wa riders that are able to ride due to the kindness of their police departments, I am not going to do anything to provoke or ruin it for anyone. I would love to start a campaign to get the laws changed but that would probably end up failling and just ruin it for everybody. Im mad but not that mad, i could have done more research before i started anything and found out the real laws then, instead of listening to people who really did not know what they were talking about.

adobian

Aug 6, 2011
san jose
It’s taken all summer but I finally got my bike to where I want it! It really kicks butt now. So much trial and error and a lot of help from members of this forum so a big THANK YOU.
This is what I’ve done; let’s start with the motor- it’s a 66cc silver jet, I have replaced all the hardware with grade 8 studs and socket cap bolts throughout. The cylinder head was cleaned up at the ports; the intake and exhaust are about a 2mm wider due to the removal of the casting ridges. Gaskets all have been port matched. A NGK b5hs plug (it’s cold here in Washington) I have a manic mechanic billet high comp. head and tapped billet intake. Dual boost bottles (I know the duals are mostly for bling) I had also re-tapped the manifold port so the fitting is angled towards the head. The carb is the knock-off dellorto with #68 jet. The control comes from a billet aluminum pit bike throttle. it’s being fired by the Jaguar cdi and the exhaust is a modified pit bike pro-jet pipe. The drive train is the MM hub adapter with a 40 tooth gear and a D.I.D 415er chain. I got lucky and was able to angle the motor so I have perfect chain tension with no tensioner. I have the push button clutch and am riding on Continental Tourride 1.65 street tires and a HD rear axle. The cranks are the wide ones with bear trap pedals. The fuel is helped by the brass free flow valve with 32:1 super M ester based synthetic oil. I’m not going to say I’ve got some crazy top speed out of all this. But I’ve got to say that low end torque and acceleration is AAWWSOMME.
Anyways, Thanks again and Ride Safe…
.wee.
This is nice. I want to build something like this, but the noise has been a deal breaker for me.

Do you have any way to muffle the noise to a nice level? Let's say you come home at 10PM and do not want to wake up the whole neighborhood ?

Thanks.

gunslingerburrito

Sep 12, 2011
Gulfport, MS
This is a really nice build. It looks like its quick, comfortable, AND reliable (the holy triumvirate). I dig it a lot.

I'm planning a mountain bike for my next build for those very reasons.
:)

goofyfoot2001

Aug 16, 2012
South Carolina
Fyi on the noise. Unless im wot my bike is damn near silent. Noise isnt an issue. You learn to throttle the noise away. Its those horrible sounding youtube videos that make you cringe.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Finished mine about three weeks ago. I ditched the gas tank and made my own. Since this pick ive added a dax rt carb. Http://www.kevingraham.info/bike/1024bike.jpg link could be http://www.kevingraham.info/bike/bike1024.jpg i'm only getting about 25mph so a 41t may go on this weekend.
I bet you it is jetted too rich. When I get mine it came with an 80, 75 installed, and a 70. I put in the 70 and it still ran rich and only up to 24mph 44t sprocket. I finally got his pack of jets and put the 65 in and WOW. It really flies now. Only to 28-30 because of the revving limit but tuning is incredibly important.

goofyfoot2001

Aug 16, 2012
South Carolina
I tried the 65 and it didn't do well. Of course, I really have no idea if I'm putting a 65 on there since the ink wiped off the tape they were in. I'm eyeballing the holes and assuming that the 70 was what was installed when I got it. So do you know what size to look for if I order say a 68 (5mm or 6mm)? Piston bikes has 5mm thread for NT carbs, would those work? I'm at about 600ft ASL if that matters.

MeniacleMechanic

Sep 4, 2012
Virginia Beach Virginia
Wow, incredible build. I had motorized the genisis beach cruiser, turned out good.

You should look into the shift kit, with a good gear setup you can pull 40. I just love shifting my bike, puts less strain on the engine.

Your modified exhaust, i was looking at buying one from ebay and modifying it. how does it sound? power aspects gained?