Starting A New Project! Schwinn Sting-Ray

GoldenMotor.com

Jaryd

Jun 22, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hey guys! I got my cruiser back up and running and I am excited to start a new build. I am seeing alot of videos and posts about chopper style bikes. I have read that there are mounts you can buy for a engine to mount it on a stingray. Does anyone have experience with this sort of build? If you do please reply to this. Any info on things I will need or tips I could use would be greatly appreciated !usflg

waynestore67

Nov 5, 2010
missisippi
Hey guys! I got my cruiser back up and running and I am excited to start a new build. I am seeing alot of videos and posts about chopper style bikes. I have read that there are mounts you can buy for a engine to mount it on a stingray. Does anyone have experience with this sort of build? If you do please reply to this. Any info on things I will need or tips I could use would be greatly appreciated !usflg
I did an OCC Stingray. I recommend Barry's mount, and chain tensionrs, on ebay. There's a lot of differing opinion about drilling the frame for the mount. you could have the mount welded on if you're worried. (I drilled mine) I also bought Barry's "Thunder Pipe", It's a little too loud to be stealthy. Anyhow good luck. There's alot of great resource info on this site.