Ultra light arc billet flywheel help

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
So I bought a 6.5 Predator Hemi from Harbor Freight....First thing I did was remove govner and oil sensor stuff. Holes are plugged and I will be adding a pipe and a 19 or 20mm carburetor. So I'd like to keep my frank and beans intact so I've ordered a billet flywheel. I got the Ultra light Arc which comes finless,which is perfect for the shroudless builds. Now my problem.. Did I jump in to deep? Is this as simple as AGK shows or more difficult like ARC shows....timing lights,cleaning compound and technical stuff. I bought it for safety and then finless for the look. Is it to light for my build ? If so what else do I need ...help this is a big jump for me!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
you did good, its really easy to swap and you might want to order the 4 degree advanced key and some 18# springs. Get the 22mm carb too. Check out Small Engine Cams (Isky) he offers some great products with great service. If you have the cash pick up the cam and spring combo...Black Momba works real good...let me know if you have any questions...

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Says 8 degree timing advance built in to key way and 32Btdc do I need a 4 degree advance key with this?? Or a special key? Can you explain this to me!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Says 8 degree timing advance built in to key way and 32Btdc do I need a 4 degree advance key with this?? Or a special key? Can you explain this to me!
You put the flywheel on with a straight key as the timing is already advanced on this wheel. You take it for a ride and see (feel) how it performs. If it's not what you want, add a degree key and see how it performs.

I run mine at 24 degrees advanced timing to stock. It works for me as a race bike. There is no magic formula for every engine no matter what as they are all just a little bit different. They are not exactly plug-n-play but close enough....ya just need to experiment a bit on your own for BEST results.

My simple explanation in a nutshell.