Dyno Roadster update !

GoldenMotor.com

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
All of members suggestions came in handy. Thank You. ...
Now for the details....

Installed tank, wired, replace fuel line with OG Volkswagen cloth covered, got gear cover back from artist friend. (Oh one will notice its painted, I am planning to etch the design into the metal, then remove the paint) Moving on. Installed third/or second rear brace, mounted, CDI, Tried to start. ...nothing...Realized I installed the carb float? the wrong way, Fixed that, repaired throttle cable that was shipped to me already broken. fought with chain tension about two hrs. gave up for the day.

Next day, peddled around, got her started, rode 50 ft... chain jumped and was mangled between frame and sprocket. Frustrated...Freaking cheap A(%^$&^ tensioner !!!!!!!! Spent rest of day roaming the city looking for 415 chain, -No luck- Got online ordered yet another chain with x tra links!

TODAY... Waiting for new chains to arrive. Decided to throw stock tensioner away (far far away) and go the skate wheel route. Need to figure out how to cut a chain groove in this skate wheel.
Here are some more pics. I LOVE this hobby!! :-||

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Beyond cool! You will probably need to run one fixed chain tensioner (like the one you already have) and a spring loaded tensioner. Members have improvised parts like old derraileurs and roller skate wheels to make a spring loaded tensioner. Many examples in the photo gallery. Cheers.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Hey D,
You can use a file with a rounded edge to make a groove in those skate wheels. takes some time, but is worth it. I bought some nylon rollers which I'm going to be welding on to the upper and lower part of the back arms. That way my chain can just rest on both. Sure looks nice, love the paint job on the motor!!! Got me thinking of pulling out my brushes. L8R.

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Thanks guys.
The chain has been the biggest problem for me from the start. (Ive broken a total or three now) and whats left is not long enuf to make a full chain out of...bummer. so, two more on order. I found some rollers I think will work. One is a spring tension. the is a motorcycle chain roller designed to "wear in" or is that "wear out"? lol. Anyway, not going anywhere till the mail comes. Ill keep posted. with pics of course. D~