NGK spark plug issue

GoldenMotor.com

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Ok whats the deal I went to the parts store and picked up a NGK B6HS cause my old plug is fouled, so I screwed the new plug into the head and now the Plug wire will not fit?? Do you need a different plug wire with the NGK's?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Can you unscrew the top nub of the spark plug with a pliers and make it look like the other oneexchange tops

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Does the two spark plugs look the same on the top end?or does one have threads like the little cap of the spk.plug was screwed off,,,Little metal cap on top of the spark plug does it un-screw?

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
replacing the spark plug does little without a new wire. Just be sure you keep the little nipple so you can use another wire if you want to in the future without buying another plug.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Actually the plug wire itself is surprisingly good with a generous amount of stranded copper wire, I would recommend replacing just the cheesy stock cap with a quality NGK one (about $2) & available at any small engine repair/supply.

Looking almost identical to the kit cap, it's of much better construction, comes with an adapter to use a threaded or capped plug tip & simply screws on to the stock plug wire ;)