Help with slow return to idle

GoldenMotor.com

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
got this project put together today. Had to make an offset intake. it runs fine and has been returning to idle ok now it takes a few seconds to idle back down.the intake consists of a 3/4 o.d. plastic connector shoved in carb with silicone, o ring and clamp to secure it the other end is the stuck on a stock intake cut in half and flipped upside down w silicone and a clamp. here is a vid also sprayed down intake w carb cleaner and found no air leaks All thoughts welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tot-Qq-80rI

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Have you looked down the throat of the carburetor to watch the barrel? Is it returning to the idle position quickly? If not check your throttle cable for kinks or binding. If it reacts quickly to the throttle cable then it sounds like an air (vacuum) leak. If possible post a good photo of your intake and carb installation. That's the most logical place for leaks.
Tom

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
other thing to note when i turned on the fuel it took forever for the line to fill had to blow in the tank like on a racing kart. there are also air bubbles in the line some run shes running. Built this one for my 15 year old neighbor. im 30 and runnin with him poops me out

Attachments

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
put some lube down your cable sheath for your trottle, make sure the plastic peice is lubed inside of the throttle hosing.
make sure the carb is assembled correctly- the c washer is in correctly and the spring is seated correctly.

also, if its brand new things are going to be tight, tolerances on these kits are bad, keep twisting on the throttle for a bit and youll find that things will start to move easier. mine barely turned when i first got it.

edit: glad to see you got it working.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Check for an air leak where the cable goes into the top of the carb. You can put a wrap of electrical tape or use a craft glue gun to seal it better. It might help.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is amazing. I use the cheap stuff on 2 smokes, had one tint a bit yellow but nothing like that. Cool.

Marketing idea, we find the additive that gives oil different smells and changes fuel line color. Sell it as MBC, magic, wonder 2 stroke oil!

When I first looked at the pics, I wondered if it was aquarium tubing. I had thought about using some back in a pinch