Just lucky I guess

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Came back from a 4hr ride. Decided to take my drive chain guard off & lube the chain. A soon as I did, I saw that the master link spring clip was missing!

If that wasn't lucky enough that the chain did not come off, a neighbor walks up and said "I found this, do you know what is". I look at it, it was the axle nut off my front wheel. Just lucky I guess, of course had I not lost those parts, I'd have been even luckier!

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I guess it was just your day, Russell. I have spent hours looking for those clips.
When I was in the Marines, we did a lot of training at 29 Palms, AKA 29 stumps. There was a huge dry lake there called Emerson Lake that we had to cross to get to some of the live fire ranges. Of course, we called it Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
i know how you feel, a while back i went to move my bike and noticed a slight thump.
i thought it came from my front shock at first, then i noticed my front left axle nut and lock washer were missing. looked on the other side and it had just a few threads left to go... Yikes!!!