New Jersey hardcore

GoldenMotor.com

imhardkore

Aug 4, 2009
NJ
well i am back and decided on a project. i scored one of these velo solex front ends. i got the whole front end. it was cut off from the frame. i also got the rear drum wheel to. all for a whopping $50.

it's a 1966 3800 49cc. it's missing the exhaust, gas tank and rotor, but looks to be solid.

it's going on this tandem frame for the next ratrodbikes build off. i am going to keep this bike very rat rod. as a matter of fact the paint is done. i dont even plan on having a functional stocker. my 6yr son dosent pedal much anyway. he is going to get a seat, two foot pegs and some bar ends.

where should i start a build thread over here for the motor work i need to do first. also if anyone has any info or links on these i would love them. i am lucky there is a dealer and mechanic within 1hr of my house to help.

also stop by my blog for cool bike stuff that is not main stream. undergroundvelo.blogspot.com

Attachments

imhardkore

Aug 4, 2009
NJ
nothing new here yet. i have to take the motor to the shop and drop it off. they will go over it to see if and how much it will take to get it running. i know this may go against everything a true rat rodder stands for. my problem is i just dont know much about them and i dont want to sink a ton of money into this and find out i have a major problem.

i guess my first thing will be to clean it up so they can see what they are working with.

the bike does look cool with the bars on it.