First Build! :)

GoldenMotor.com

SubieGuy

Sep 3, 2012
Canada
I've had this this built for a couple months now but never got around to posting it! Here it is!

- Flying Horse 66cc
- Shift Kit
- BB5 disc brakes
- Dual pull lever

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I am glad to see another new build with good brakes, too often they get overlooked. I added a front Flasher as well because people have pulled out in front of me, no real close calls yet and I want to keep it that way.

SubieGuy

Sep 3, 2012
Canada
Glad you guys like it!

I'm still new at this though...when you say 'tuned pipe' is that the expansion chamber sickbikeparts sells?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I think most will agree that tuning the exhaust to your needs helps greatly on these engines, I found that increasing the head pipe lenth increases low end power and didn't hurt topend power. To answer your question yes that seems to be a good pipe, if you read through the forum you can control the power band somewhat with a tuned pipe.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I found that increasing the head pipe lenth increases low end power and didn't hurt topend power.
That has been my experience as well Greg. Took me a while with lots of testing, grinding and welding. Once I got the right header length it made all the difference in the world.

SubieGuy

Sep 3, 2012
Canada

SubieGuy

Sep 3, 2012
Canada
Thanks guys!

I'm now looking into a speed carb, expansion chamber, porting, and low rolling resistance tires. Speedometer is on the way!

Gawdzahh

Feb 11, 2013
Perth, Western Australia