Fuel Leaking

GoldenMotor.com

Clutchman

Jul 23, 2009
ny
I just put my kit together, put the right fuel mixture in an took it for a ride after i was done taking it for a spin i turned the fuel line off but this morning when i went to get my bike, not a lot but some fuel leaked through the carbs screws and some down the muffler. it did not seem like a total mess but i did not ride it yet. is it fine and i don't have to worry, if not what can i adjust or check before i turn my bike on?

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
You need to pull your plug to see if your cylinder has fuel in it. Since gas ran through the exhaust you had some in the cylinder. Pull the plug so hat the cylinder can dry out and turn it over to make sure that there's not any gas in the cylinder. Make sure your plug wire can't arc while turning it over. You can hold the kill switch in. Get a fuel filter for your gas line. You probably picked up a germ that got between the float needle so you might need to clean the carb. It doesn't take much for the float needle to leak. Make sure that you check the operation of the gas tank petcock. If that works properly you can't flood the cylinder. That's the first thing to check for proper operation.