Clutch pad shape

GoldenMotor.com

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
Some people here have been posting about circle-shaped clutch pads that are on newer engines. I have seen these posts on threads over a year old. However, recently in early June, I ordered and received an engine from Gasbike.net (66cc) that had the polygon shaped old-style pads. According to the EPA sticker from the engine, it was produced in February 2009. So, apparently the "good" pads are still in production. I bought the Jet 80cc by-the-way.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Some people here have been posting about circle-shaped clutch pads that are on newer engines. I have seen these posts on threads over a year old. However, recently in early June, I ordered and received an engine from Gasbike.net (66cc) that had the polygon shaped old-style pads. According to the EPA sticker from the engine, it was produced in February 2009. So, apparently the "good" pads are still in production. I bought the Jet 80cc by-the-way.
I have an old 48cc (Gen 1 A1037) with round pads.
and a 2009 slant head 48cc (Gen 3 C437) with Trapezoid pads?

What numbers are stamped on it?

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
If you are referring to the numbers on the sticker, then I can't tell you. The sticker was peeling off so I removed it and put it with the garbage. What I have concluded was that not all of the newer engines have cheapened clutch pads with small surface area.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
If you are referring to the numbers on the sticker, then I can't tell you. The sticker was peeling off so I removed it and put it with the garbage. What I have concluded was that not all of the newer engines have cheapened clutch pads with small surface area.
stickers no, both mine and all the one's ive seen have it stamped into the caseing (exhaust side) above the mount