Sturmey-Archer XL-FDD Brake/Dynamo Hub

GoldenMotor.com

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Does anyone have a some sort of a wiring schematic going from the hub to the battery? I have been thinking of adding a rectifier to the circuit. All I am using it for now is just a plain brake hub.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Its a plug and play Dymo, supernova lights work on them with a capacitor? That keeps em going for a bit after pedaling. That's the set up I have on my panther but still haunt finished the build.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I'm not sure about the wiring, but I can tell you that in order to charge a battery you will need a rectifier and a voltage regulator. I don't recommend running any lights directly off a dynamo on a motorbike, as the voltage can vary wildly and end up blowing the bulbs. There is a link in my signature to a dynamo charging system I've built using a 12v dynamo, a charger unit from wonderful creations on ebay, a rockford fosgate power distributor, and a 12v sla battery. The generator gets a little warm from engine speeds, but certainly not overheating, and tests with my multimeter confirm that the system works.

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Thanks for your replys Chainmaker and Bigbutterbean, I'll just keep looking for a schematic with the rectifyer, battery and the voltage regulator included. I know someone must have one. Too bad we don't have a files section where people can post one.