Tuning SHA dellorto carb

GoldenMotor.com

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I have the dellorto SHA carb and i was in the process of tuning it today. It ran like crap and was too rich for a 75mm jet so I brought it down to a 65mm and boy does it make a huge difference. Unluckily I only have a 65 jet size so Im wondering if I should buy a 60 and a 55(jus in case purposes); the bike runs good but it does have some four stroking going on when cruising and some greyish/blueish smoking coming out the exhaust at that time. Now is this normal when it four strokes sometimes or am I almost perfect but need to drop the jet size down some more?

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Break-in first, then worry about tuning. Also your breaking should be with a non synthetic oil. When shopping for jets the first you need to determine Is if your carb takes a 5mm or 6mm jet. The I got mine at a site called "Treatland TV .com" I know you think I'm screwing with you but the company name .

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
cant break it in if i couldnt ride it due to it being so rich n no power lol so yes my carb needs the tuning, but thanks for the tip. ill check out that website and for now im using non synthetic since i have left over gas n oil from my previous motor.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
All sha carbs use 5mm jets - that same site (treatland.tv) sells jets in all sizes!!! they go up one by one. I am running a 64 and its good but im gonna try a 63 to see if its better. I suggest you buy a temp gauge if you really want to tune ($40) from the same site. They REALLY help. I have mine tuned so it just hits 400 deg at its hottest point.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
All sha carbs use 5mm jets - that same site (treatland.tv) sells jets in all sizes!!! they go up one by one. I am running a 64 and its good but im gonna try a 63 to see if its better. I suggest you buy a temp gauge if you really want to tune ($40) from the same site. They REALLY help. I have mine tuned so it just hits 400 deg at its hottest point.
thanks for the tip!