Stock jet size of RT carb?

GoldenMotor.com

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I was wondering what size they? I swapped it out for .65 which did not work all that well ad then a .7 I'm just wondering what size the stock one is as it is unlabeled.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got a couple questions

were the .65 and the .7 measured in millimeters?

was the .65 too lean & the .7 too rich?

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
yeah millimeters... I think the .7's about where I want it and .65 was lean. If the stock jet was like a .68 that would be perfect.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got tired trying to do these with my old US micro drills - looked on amazon & found metric bits from .30 to 1.0 by .05 increments for only $1.90 ($4 with shipping)

crapload less than I paid for the US set many years ago

now, I should be able to hit just the right size for these jets

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Mitch, if order the RT with your motor, than the jet that was in the carb was the .70 . This should good for your break-in phase . Tuning the carb is about 300 miles away. 2 little mix can affect the break n and screw the motor up. The RT is a great carb, but the jets are NOT the highest quality . you have to determine if you have a5 or 6 millimeter jet in the carburetor the came with both . Mine takes a 5mm jet. this is what to Dewayne would tell you, I thought this was stupid myself but it works. take one of your spare jets and compare it to your front motor mount stud ,and if it is the same diameter exactly then you have a6 millimeter jet. If not its a 5mm jet. I ordered a set of the 5mm jets from treat land TV.com. genuine Dorito jets precisionly drilled and the highest quality jet known to man .and don't forget to check your mail tomorrow .word-up!

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
They are not measured in millimeters per say but measured in "TENTHS OF A MILLIMETER". So, one would say ". 68 tenths of a mm just as an example .

Last edited:

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Ok tenths... Metric system... Jets... I'm gonna pump some grease between the bucking bar and the bearing too... Should help with the noisomeness.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
They are not measured in millimeters per say but measured in "TENTHS OF A MILLIMETER". So, one would say ". 68 tenths of a mm just as an example .
sorry, just can't believe that - in "TENTHS OF A MILLIMETER" it would seem to me to then be 6.8 rather than the .68mm it is now (decimal system makes .68 as "68 hundredths of a millimeter")

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
No I'm sorry that you resoldered crap. I run quality Dellorto jets . And even working part time I can come up with $2.75 for a jet . And another thing solder does not hold up well with ethanol .

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
No I'm sorry that you resoldered crap. I run quality Dellorto jets . And even working part time I can come up with $2.75 for a jet . And another thing solder does not hold up well with ethanol .
Sorry Huffy D, but I'll have to disagree with that statement. Ethanol will have no effect on solder.

Carburetor and fuel injection systems have used solder and lead for a long time. Even a strong caustic like carburetor cleaner will not harm it.
Of course if not done correctly the solder can loosen and possibly fall out of the brass jet but that's a matter of not using proper solder technique, not the effects of ethanol.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
jets seem cheap, but shipping adds $7 which brings it close to my price for a whole carb - that and the fact that I still am not sure what size jets will work best makes it better right now to drill my own

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Sick bike parts will sell sets of 5 in increments of .02mm. Ex: .60, .62,.64... and they have odd sizes as well. They MIGHT even be delorto if I remember correctly.